• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

deer antler knife handles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blafen

36 Cal.
Reaction score
hello. i am new to this forum but i have been making knives for a while now, i live in hawaii where there happens to be a shortage of deer and therefore a shortage of deer antler so i was wondering if any of you knew a good website where i could purchase some deer antler for handles.
thanks in advance or somehtin.

There is always a ton of various antlers and pieces of antlers on Ebay for sale.

Joe

Moscow Hide and Fur is a great source for andtlers: they carry deer, both mule and whitetail, elk, and moose[url] www.hideandfur.com[/url]

P.S. not wanting to start a flame - but due to Ebay's VERY anti-firearms stance I refuse to deal with them.............others mileage will vary......

Last edited by a moderator:
Your absolutely right about E-Bay. They had
a listing for percussion caps which I
made a bid on. Within a very,very short time
the item had been removed due to their policy
of firearm sales. What is funny about their
policy is you can buy almost every part to make a
firearm, but can't buy a firearm :confused:
I still get stuff thru them because at times
I just can't find it someplace else, and at
times I have made very good buys. In this case
I take the good with the bad. I absolutely
will not get involved with Pay Pal although
I understand why sellers do...Just an opinion.
snake-eyes :hmm:

Either way is correct. If you slice it, I would suggest using two cross pins and hammer rivet heads on them.

blake fenton-williams said:
hello. i am new to this forum but i have been making knives for a while now, i live in hawaii where there happens to be a shortage of deer and therefore a shortage of deer antler so i was wondering if any of you knew a good website where i could purchase some deer antler for handles.
thanks in advance or somehtin.

Check out our links section, its chocked full of web sites that cater to muzzzleloading...

Links Main Page (click here)

Here is another website that seems to have tons of items. I have never ordered from them but the do ship internationally.
[url] http://www.chichesterinc.com/index.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they have about anything you mite
want as far as skins,furs or horns.
snake-eyes :hmm:

Another way to install an antler handle is to boil the antler for quite awhile,(several hours in fact),it will soften. Put your knife blade in a vise and pound the antler on to the tang. Use a hot pad or oven mitt to hold the antler. I use a rawhide mallet to tap the antler on to the blade. As the antler cools, it will harden again and form a tight bond with the blade. This only works for tapered tangs, of course. Bearclaw

Latest posts

Back