• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Disappointed in T.O.T.W.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelerzzz

40 Cal.
Reaction score
TOTW has always been my favorite place to purchase black powder stuff..but recently I sent a small order in for a dozen flints(2 diff.sizes)When I received the order half of the flints were not the size I ordered(no big deal)so I packaged them up and sent them back(shipping was $1.35) explaining the problem. They quickly processed my order and sent me back the correct flints..but charged my credit card $5.35 for shipping!It's certainly not worth haggling about $5.00...but I just didn't think I'd have to pay the inflated shipping cost because it was their mistake to begin with.....just didn't expect this from their usually great service!

Somebody must have missed that it was indeed a return for the wrong item sent.
I'd give'm a call and have them credit back the extra charge.
Your right, they shouldn't have charged the second time.
They keep all records on the computer under your name and zip code so it's easy access right at the point of call.

Had the exact same experience a month or so ago, and they didn't charge me to ship the correct flints. Give 'em a call, just a good ole mistake.

i agree; you should mention it to them. a fair number of customer service problems crop up because nobody complains until the issue becomes systemic.

just one guy's free advice, and no doubt worth every penny!

I agree with the above posts but will add, first be sure it was their mistake, that you didn't accidentally click on the wrong number as I have done.

Did you contact them before posting on the Forum and they didn't respond to your dissatisfaction for charging you the postage? If you didn't, what prompted your post?.....Fred

I've had good service from TOTW. The only issues I've encountered are long backorder times, which I believe is due to suppliers being slow. The TOTW end of the operation I found very helpful and reliable.

I also think they are good people. Expect they will make it right if they made a mistake. Larry

Before I would post anything "NEGATIVE" I would have called the party to the sale, being Track of the Wolf, and asked why you paid for their mistake.

That is what I did with the Log Cabin Shop in Lodi Ohio years ago, they treated me bad, and had the we could give a ---- about you.

So now I tell me story, as they had their chance to make it right, and did not.

I have delt with both Dixie gun works and the Log Cabin in Lodi since the middle sixties and both companies have always given excellant service in correcting any mistakes. Either mine or Their's! :hmm: :hmm:

I've had a problem with Track not getting my address correct in the past and they couldn't seem to get it right no matter how many times my neighbor or the post office sent the package back. I recently ordered from them and the issue didn't occur. I would contact themk about this and see what the policy is and what should have applied in your case.

don't worry it's just a mistake same thing happened to me and i received my money back so just call them.

Back