• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early PA season begins today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westrayer

40 Cal
Reaction score
Here in PA we have a week long ML season for antlerless deer. Flints, caps, or even in-lines. I was looking forward to getting out with my new-to-me Deerstalker cap. I used this season as justification to buy the gun. In previous years I carried my flintlock, of whatever model I had at the time. Unfortunately I had to take my wife to the hospital last night. Locally the weather is supposed to be in the mid 70s for the beginning for the week, but better by Thursday. Maybe then.
If you are getting out today, be safe and have fun...

I have many fond memories of hunting in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised in New Jersey but crossed the Delaware to hunt in PA beginning about 1970. Got my first deer and my first bear in PA. Mostly hunted north of Stroudsburg in the east, and also northwest of Wilkes-Barre. Good times! Hunted there throughout the 1970's. I moved to Arizona in 1979 but then moved to upstate New York in 1986 and made it down to PA for a hunt then. Then I moved to Michigan from which I made it back to PA a couple of times. Haven't been back that way since my hunting pardner passed away and I retired here to Tennessee in 2000.
I used to have an aunt and uncle in Bangor, but they have passed. Still have a cousin there, south of Erie.

Back