• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Euro Arms Enfields

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumbeaux

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is okay. I hunt with a TC White Mtn. Carbine in 50 with PRB and 70 grs. of Goex FFG. Just bought a really nice Lyman's Plains Pistol in 50 and I am working up a load between 25-30 grs. FFG and PRB. I have always been interested in the War between the States and the 58 caliber weapons utilized by the South. Euro Arms supposedly makes a Cooks Brothers Carbine based on the Short Enfield. They also produce several different Enfields, Remington...etc. Does anyone have experience with one of these ?? Have read the conical load is 60 grains FFG..... would the PRB load be similar and does anyone have whitetail deer hunting experience with the 58 ?? My grandson will soon be big enough for my White Mtn and I'm gonna need something to hunt with....appreciate y'alls help...

rick

Rick, ask a moderator to move this to the Percussion Gun site. You might get a better response, although Civil War gun fans here are comparatively fewer. Good luck. I will be interested in the responses as well.

I had one in the early 90's. It shot great but I got into flinlocks. For three years I had it on the hood of the truck for the line shoots of the First Congress of New England shoots including 3 yeach year at fort TY.

Different folks borrowed it and won 1st place medals with it. I finaly gave it up to the auction at the Fort Ty shoot. It sold for 3 times the amount I had it up for on the hood of my truck.

Nice shooting gun. :thumbsup:

How do I contact a moderator to get this moved to the Percussion threads ??

rick

Jumbeaux, do a search on Enfield, Zouave, Mississippi, Richmond, etc. in this section. You'll find more info. on Civil War guns. Good luck. I used to think, with its brass bands, that the Cook & Brother carbine was too gaudy, but it's growing on me now.

Latest posts

Back