• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FedEx refused shipment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GCA of '68 exempts antiques or replicas of antiques that shoot 'obsolete' ammunition as not being firearms, thus shipping of those guns is NOT covered in that act.

Zonie is right in that if they ask if the contents are restricted you must declare antique firearm. I've never been asked the word 'restricted', however. If they're doing their job, they should ask that and you should answer correctly. And they must accept it.

As was posted earlier that it took 40 minutes of harrassment for the clerk to process my crate, the buyer just called that he rec'd the LR. Shipping time through USPS Parcel Post was 16 days from southern Wisconsin to Amarillo, TX. I am interested in how other builders ship their MLers, whether it be through USPS Parcel Post,USPS Registered Mail or Certified Mail, UPS or some other company. The max insurance amount when shipping w/ USPS Parcel Post is $5000 which my LR was just under....what if the value is more than $5000? The procedure for shipping MLers through USPS is quite clear to me and them...you must declare that the content is a MLer rifle and that it's unloaded and they must ship it. Seeing Fed EX will not ship a MLer, has anyone shipped a MLer through UPS? I'm trying to find a faster way because 16 days makes me and my customer both nervous seeing I already had his money before shipping. Any thoughts on this problem, which by rights, shouldn't be a problem?......Fred

Well, the last muzzleloader I bought was from Dixie Gun Works, and they shipped it UPS. SO I guess UPS will work. Took about 5 days from there to NC.

Fred,
I have shipped several MLer's via USPS Insured Priority Mail, although all were $500 or less. All have reached their destination in 2-3 days CONUS unless a Sunday was included in travel time, adding one more day. Insurance wise, the USPS also has a $5000 limit per package. And I have not had to declare what is in the package beyond fragile, perishable, etc (which would have been "machined parts" if I had).
HTH,
WA

2 days priority for most places from here through USPS sometimes 3 days ... With $2,500 give or take insurance. All of my guns get shipped through USPS.

If you don't ship priority it can take a long time for the package to get to its destination. Its usually only a few cents more... Shipping Registered Mail usually will add a day to the regular priority shipping time :youcrazy:

Quiet Thunder said:
Geraldo said:
I just shipped a box of "parts" today via UPS without incident. The local UPS refused a bottle of whisky I was sending as a gift, but they accepted a "special decanter."

Look Ma, I bought this special decanter for $20 an' it came with Free Whiskey
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Thats the only way "special decantors" are allowed to be sold on ebay.

I have had problems with the USPS branch for my zip code. The senior clerk there is of the opinion that the Postal Regs prohibit the shipping of any and all knives other than between two "dealers" Of course, he cannot tell you what a dealer is. Even after i cite chapter and verse and tell him that means switchblades between FFL holders, he refused to be swayed in his erroneous opinion. So, I ended up going to another branch, where they will ship my knives to anywhere in the world and even allow me to mark the customs form as "camping tools" for my UK customers.

It is perfectly acceptable to mail a semiautomatic handgun to the manufacturer, through the USPS, as "machine parts".

Fran

A guy sent me a Traditions Deerhunter .54 at 23rd of june and it arrived last week at the customs and will be here next week. So I think that is not too long for shipping over the big pond.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I have always used the USPS..
Always with good results.
Maybe it's because I live in a small town, in a gun friendly state. The head postmaster is an avid hunter. Knows the laws concerning black/powder/flintlock's.
He questioned me about my first one. Now just wants to see them :grin:
I sent one to California.. the buyer gave me the wrong address :confused:
Also didn't want to pay for priority mail.. :nono:
My postmaster,, tracked it down,,and had it re-directed to the correct address. After I called the buyer up and asked him... What?.
He was going through a separation. :shake:
Bottom line is hard to find good service these days. I have been please with USPS.

Back