• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first shots with flinter!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve hill

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I just got a hardly used blueridge from track
and man am I hooked coolest thing I've ever shot.
I just have never had so much fun ever.I just
wanted to thank everyone for the help I recieved
making my decision.I know its not the most expensive gun out there but man do I love her!
gonna be selling all my caplocks so I can get
more flintlocks again thanks to all

traddawg said:
I just got a hardly used blueridge from track
and man am I hooked coolest thing I've ever shot.
I just have never had so much fun ever.I just
wanted to thank everyone for the help I recieved
making my decision.I know its not the most expensive gun out there but man do I love her!
gonna be selling all my caplocks so I can get
more flintlocks again thanks to all

It's a sickness from which there is no return!!
:grin:
(congratulations!)

Right on! Don't matter a lick how much you paid for it if you love to shoot it and the balls go where you point them.

Good for you. I'm starting to come down with that sickness myself. My friend got me hooked on muzzleloading back in 98 and it has progressively become worse. I pray a cure is never found. :rotf:

Billy Bones

Welcome to the Rocklock Brigade! Should get lots of years out of the Blue Ridge. I got involved in a state program introducing highschllo kids to shooting sports. Buddy and I do the muzzleloading station. Twice a year for some 6 years now we've run through 80 to 100 kids a day for three days. Most want to shoot the "big" gun which is the Blue Ridge as opposed to the "Greyhawks" from T/C which are shorter. Haven't hurt it yet! That gun is still going strong!! :applause:

Now you went and put the monkey on yer back. I've had the sickness for a long time and it doesn't get any better. I keep a couple of caplocks around to shoot in those paper events for unenlightened but everything else is flint. I am finishing up another flinter to add to the stable, a little .32 pea shooter.

Just got into myself. These guys told me it will be addictive and man were they right! :)

Ron

Congratulations on your new gun! Flint shooting is definitely fun and addictive - when I shot mine the first few times it was like being a kid again with my first .22! I never knew the fun could return to just plain plinking around at stuff.

Well, there is no cure and the only treatment
is more powder and balls.
Good luck and what cal. is your rifle?

Gene

Its a 50 but lord knows more will come I
had know idea how much more fun flintlocks
are to shoot.

Congradulations! You have now reached the point of no return! There have been a few who shook off the cap-locks,but noboby recovers from the Flintlock fever.That is a nice rifle for the price.Given good care it will last many years. :thumbsup:

I am glad your eyes have beeen opened and you finally have seen the spark and smoke! Welcome to klankity bang!

Latest posts

Back