• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fun with our Brown Bess

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleshooter2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I took my 10 year old son out shooting today He really wanted to shoot my Bess.

Ian Shooting the Bess

Yes he's still in one piece and he can't wait to go shooting again now he wants a Blunderbuss :thumbsup:

Andy
Legion Ville Historical Society[url] www.legionville.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, he's having fun fer sure. :grin: Great that he wants to go again and now you better start working on that Buss for him.

rifleshooter2 said:
I took my 10 year old son out shooting today He really wanted to shoot my Bess.

Did you also show him the joys of cleaning the big bore? :grin:

Friendly Tip: have him hold the trigger down at the very bottom next time you allow him to shoot the bess, this changes his leverage and makes it easier for a child to pull a heavy trigger...

That ROCKS!

Looks like the big .75 slammed his shoulder pretty good.
I'm really looking forward to getting my Bess put together, seeing this film causes the jones to intensify :grin:

Lucky for him the Laws Of Motion were on his side. His mass is so small that the recoil just pushed him out of the way. It looked much worse than it felt. He's still grinning and asking when were going shooting again :thumbsup:

Andy

how big of a load was he using. I use 80 grains in my bess and it kicks like a mother.

actual felt recoil, is never meauserd when you factor in the adrenilin rush and at 10 and dads bess the adrenilin is at it most inense :rotf:

Back