• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Keeps us honest I guess. Have to do some work for our grub. I suppose it's the Creators way of not spoiling us. Well, one of them.

I'm still on seed germination.

Why's some take so long..

And there life how long there good for.. I've had beans in the fridge saved for over ten years there still good..

Tomatoes seeds last a while..

Peppers not so long..

Etc..

Carrots and onions on the
Salt River Johnny homestead here in the Mississippi Valley

Attachments

• 20240728_142950.jpg
    20240728_142950.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I got that flower trench all connected..

I'm just going to leave it cut open till next year... thinking add mix a few bags of peat moss in with the soil.

Still turning the garden.. I jump in there for a few shovels once and a while.. keep turning it.. it's breakn down nice.

Attachments

• 20240801_172305.jpg
    20240801_172305.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240801_172238.jpg
    20240801_172238.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240801_172332.jpg
    20240801_172332.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Found more digging today..

I guess one more flower bed.. in front

I wanted to put a fence there. Or something.. I think I'm going to try a row of corn there.

Mamma canned up 12 qts of spaghetti sauce the other day with our tomatoes and peppers. We did use store bought mushrooms and onions though.

I think I'll skip the fall garden this year. Hard to believe in only 3 months we'll be worried about it being too cold. Besides the tomatoes really should have been in the ground already.

That would be a “Southern Peeler” bird…. Your crop is doomed. Once one shows up, they bring their friends.

Naaaa. I just made that up. 😬. That is kinda weird, tho!
Ha! I don't know what to think. There were several.

Back