• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What has happened to Okra? Where are the tall varieties? Granted I was alot shorter back then but when I was a kid Okra was the tallest thing in the garden.Now I have tomato and bell pepper plants that are taller than Okra plants.

Ten days in the ground and still alive in this heat. I may be over the hump as the high will be mid 80s and rainy next several days. Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, bell pepper and shallots. I only loss two plants.

Attachments

• 20240828_171309.jpg
    20240828_171309.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Gonna water down my garden plot so the weeds will sprout then till them under when they get a half a foot tall. Another generation of weeds gone before they have a chance to go to seed. I'm not lame enough to believe weeds can ever be wiped out but it's a good soil conditioner too. Organic matter tilled in seems to help "mellow" out the soil. About time to add some more earthworms too.

My garden is mostly wiped out by now... no rain to speak of for several weeks, and I just didn't feel like watering much this year. Been keeping some late producers watered, like watermelons, pumpkins, butternuts and figs, but the rest I just let go.

Almost time to till it up and plant buckwheat...

My garden is mostly wiped out by now... no rain to speak of for several weeks, and I just didn't feel like watering much this year. Been keeping some late producers watered, like watermelons, pumpkins, butternuts and figs, but the rest I just let go.

Almost time to till it up and plant buckwheat...
I may go that route as well and put a covercrop on next year's plot. Winter Rye, maybe?

Gonna water down my garden plot so the weeds will sprout then till them under when they get a half a foot tall. Another generation of weeds gone before they have a chance to go to seed. I'm not lame enough to believe weeds can ever be wiped out but it's a good soil conditioner too. Organic matter tilled in seems to help "mellow" out the soil. About time to add some more earthworms too.
Glad to read you are getting back in the saddle Louis 👍

Well fellas. Sad to say this is my last Cherokee Purple mater sammich of the year. Was a good season, good yields. A few things I've been studying I want to try for next year. Will be looking forward to Louis starting next year's thread!

Attachments

• IMG_20240906_120824713.jpg
    IMG_20240906_120824713.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I intend to have Cherokee Purples in my garden next year. Enjoy!
I enjoy them quite a bit. Another I'm going to do again are black cherry tomatoes. Those things are sweet. We were pleasantly surprised how well they did.

Back