• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

General purchase question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northwest Star
Chief Grade
24 gauge
Left Handed
36" barrel
Stamp on barrel/lock
Two band
North Star front site and thumb piece German silver.
Should be in my hands in 4 to 6 months. Can't wait
:thumbsup:

I was so torn between 36 and 41 inch.
The overall length and weight is very manageable in either configuration.
Deciding factor was which was more common in that period. Probably forever arguement either direction ... LoL

Ah, got it
The reason I went with .58 cal is I want to limit my calibers. I do realize I will probably need to get another ball mold. Can I start sing the "I Can't Wait" song yet .... :rotf:

I'm
Socal147 said:
Northwest Star
Chief Grade
20 gauge
Left Handed
41" barrel
Stamp on barrel/lock
Two band
North Star front site and thumb piece German silver.
Should be in my hands in 4 to 6 months. Can't wait
:thumbsup:
After more reading and thought. Done with the changes. This is it. :shocked2:

Did change order to 20 gauge and 41" barrel.
Still having one heck of a time finding a black powder source here in California. I am awaiting a reply from the contact person at the local gun club here. Hopefully he can help me out. The one pound limit makes ordering online not feasible.

Back