• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got #11 CCI caps in Walmart today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went in my Walmart today. Anything remotely associated with shooting sports locked securely in glass fronted cases. Targets, cleaning kits and fluids. No associate anywhere to be seen should you want some of this dangerous material. Won’t bother walking to that far end of the store any longer. Nothing related to BP anywhere under lock and key.

Went to one Walmart and bought all 10, went to 3 others, all had the tags printed several weeks ago but haven't made it to the shelf yet, very few muzzleloading items have in my neck of the woods

I was traveling last week and my wife likes stopping at WM to use the restrooms and snoop while in there I was able to pick up a few at different locations in Missouri and Kentucky so I'm well stocked up.

Pineville, MO. Walmart last week.
20240716_170250.jpg

Found these at my northern Oklahoma WM. I have over 1,300 so I left them for someone who needs them. Not bad for finding them in July. Not that many BP shooters in my neck of the plains.
Stillwater has some. but they dont last long on the shelf

Went in to the Lewisburg PA Wally's yesterday to buy my second round doe tag, and they had some left so I grabbed a couple more tins. My wife had previously grabbed me 3 tins, so I'm done with my scavenger hunt for caps this year. Good luck to all who are still hunting them down.

I went to Elizabethville,Pa wm tonight. Pegs out, no caps. I asked the girl when they’d be getting them. She held her phone up to the tag and then said we’re supposed to have 20 here. Finally the right person came along and said they’re probably in the back locked up. They all took off. About 10 minuted later they came back with 20 packs. I took 4 and thanked them for their perseverance in tracking them down.

Anyone wonder why only walmart gets a big shipment of caps and primers ? None of the farm stores or sporting goods stores get them or at least in any quantities.

Anyone wonder why only walmart gets a big shipment of caps and primers ? None of the farm stores or sporting goods stores get them or at least in any quantities.
If I had to guess, Wally's is one of the biggest customers? Just a theory. However many stores across the country, guaranteed sales. Years ago Walmart (most of them) had pretty decent sporting goods sections.

Well i am going to have to stop at every chinamart store from Ar. state line down to Hot Springs on my trip next month to chase down caps. None in my stores in this part of Mo. You have to ponder are they just going to stop making them !

Stillwater has some. but they dont last long on the shelf
Got 1,000 No. 11’s online last year from MidwayUSA. Got extremely lucky, but I checked their site about a dozen times a day every day for 2 weeks and snagged them. My Enid WM does keep them but they do disappear just like everywhere else, just a bit slower.

Got 1,000 No. 11’s online last year from MidwayUSA. Got extremely lucky, but I checked their site about a dozen times a day every day for 2 weeks and snagged them. My Enid WM does keep them but they do disappear just like everywhere else, just a bit slower.
thats what happens to me, so this time in Stilly , wally put out 1,000 caps and I got 700 of them left 3 tins.. some walmarts just orders 1,000 #11 and 10,000 209. if I have friend shooters out of caps I will help them out.

Back