• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got an eight point

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Pitchy. Good shooting if you put two shots within an inch of each other. Those Blue Ridge rifles are good shooters. :thumbsup:

Nice animal and a great pic nothing like taking them with the ol' prb, I wasn't sure about the first pic, as to which deer you were talking about..

Rebel said:
Way to go Pitchy. Good shooting if you put two shots within an inch of each other. Those Blue Ridge rifles are good shooters. :thumbsup:

I figured there had to be something wrong with that deer as he just stood there waiting for me too re load, it was exciting. :haha:
Thanks.

tg said:
Nice animal and a great pic nothing like taking them with the ol' prb, I wasn't sure about the first pic, as to which deer you were talking about..

Thanks tg. :thumbsup:

way to go pitchey i guess that ol< pedersoli will kill a deer after all is said an done , congrat bro nice one, :bow: :bow:

PitchyPine
Did you have him tied up someplace? :rotf: I was out and didn't see one all day. Nice deer. Got the smokepole out and will try again tomorrow. Still a lot of season left when you count the ML season too.
:wink: Hacksaw

Well dang!
I'm just a tad jealous, but dont much these days.
I am however, happy for your success in your hunt and in getting your first body on the new gun!
Fine job :thumbsup:
that "lost" picture is showing a new gun rack for the blue ridge!, looks like it sits pretty much balanced! :hmm:

Brett

PitchyPine said:
Only got one picture camera messed up, had a nice pic. in the woods with the rifle laying on him. errrrr. :shake:

Anyway, I was in my ladder stand and about an hour after sun rise he came by. Seen four does prior so i imagine he was trailing them.
Quartering away shot at about 50 yards using a 530 round ball over 80 grains of FFF.
Hit him in the ribs and he dropped in his tracks, awesome. :applause:
First deer with the new Blue Ridge 54.

eightpointbuck.jpg

How'd ye know his name was "John"?

Nice buck. Good on you.

Hi Pitch Pine,

nice photo and real rustic, looks like a place in the far past, I enjoy it very much.

Do you have a pic of the saved ball?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Lenn, That's a dandy buck. Nice big body and a very nice rack. Congratulations. Good shootin, too. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:
snagg

A big thanks too all you guys i appreciate it. :hatsoff:
I didn`t even think about what was behind the deer in the first pic, i guess if you fly the flag, drive a John Deer and shoot a muzzleload ya must be doing something right. :haha:

Deer named John, that funny Stumpkiller. :rotf:

Hi Ho Pitchy, GREAT job. What a hunt that must of been. I can almost smell the venison sizzling!! I hope you get a chance with your matchlock , that would be way cool :wink: congrats again :thumbsup:

wildeagle said:
Hi Ho Pitchy, GREAT job. What a hunt that must of been. I can almost smell the venison sizzling!! I hope you get a chance with your matchlock , that would be way cool :wink: congrats again :thumbsup:

Thanks bro, decided to wait a couple days before going out again, going too butcher this one in the morn and i have a doc apointment in the afternoon.
I am looking forward too touching off that matchlock on one, two rifles broke in right in one season would be alright.

Second picture much better. Thats a fine looking gun you have there, not to mention that awsome buck. Thanks for posting such a fine photo and again congrats.

Thanks guys.
I went out with the matchlock for a period of one foot of match but didn`t see anything, going out shortly, snow coming so should see something.

Back