• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

69 Cal.
Reaction score
So many here are buying them, I hope the moderator won't be too upset about this link. It's not mine and I know nothing about it. It might be a good deal.

That looks like a great deal but unfortunately the link falls under the forum rules as a no no.

"Ӣ Do not post links to other Muzzleloading Forums or items for sale. This includes items on eBay or other web sites."

HD

Huntin Dawg weve been doing this for as long as Ive been on here 6 to 8 months members posting a place or thing they think others will want to know about must be 1000s on the H+A underhammers. Is this something New? Fred :hatsoff:

dawg, freds right. i don't know how many times i've seen links to totw or other suppliers. whats the standard?

Here's my interpretation and I'll clear it up with Claude.
Links to suppliers are O.K.
We have a muzzleloader link section on the forum for this.
Links that take you directly to an item listed for sale are not permitted.
This is so an individual cannot try to sell his/her product on the forum.
We are her to provide help/information to each other, not to sell our goods.
We will soon have our classified section up and running for this purpose.
I hope you can see where I'm coming from. I'll have Claude chime in and clarify.

HD

fw said:
Huntin Dawg weve been doing this for as long as Ive been on here 6 to 8 months members posting a place or thing they think others will want to know about must be 1000s on the H+A underhammers. Is this something New? Fred :hatsoff:

No, this is nothing new. Okay, here's the rub, that post violates MLF rules in at least 3 different ways. As long as a link is to an informational website, with nothing offered for sale, its a kosher link, otherwise, we are forced to delete it. Sometimes we, the moderators miss a violation, but those are the rules, that we all agreed to when we joined the MLF.

CP

Board Rules
Due to SPAM related issues, we are no longer accepting YAHOO and HOTMAIL accounts for registration.
The main focus of this site is "Traditional Muzzleloading"; The history of the people, weapons and battles, up to and including the American Civil War.
We do not discuss inline weapons.
Ӣ The Muzzleloading Forum was created to discuss the use and enjoyment of Muzzleloading firearms only. As a guest here, we request that you refrain from discussing Politics and Religion. This includes, but is not limited to, the Second Amendment. People who wish to be involved with defending or promoting the Second Amendment should contact the NRA or their local representatives.
Ӣ Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind. Do not put links to your commercial web site in your posts. Links to your site may go in your profile.
Ӣ Do not post links to other Muzzleloading Forums or items for sale. This includes items on eBay or other web sites.
Ӣ Do not place "Selling" or "Wanted" ads in the Forum. We have Free Classified ads for this purpose.
Ӣ Participants shall not post any material regarding illegal activities, illegal firearms, or the manufacture of any material or hardware that is illegal in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to; the making of black powder or other explosives, instructions on where to find materials for making explosives, altering of weapons to make them illegal, etc.
Ӣ No profanity - This is a Family site.
Ӣ The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted information.
Ӣ We welcome debate, but personal attacks will not be tolerated.

fw said:

Posting links to suppliers that have a certain part or whatever is OK, otherwise our whole links section would be at fault...

Posting a link to a "member's" item(s) for sale is a different matter and is what the rule refers too...

Thanks Musketman , a lot of us would never find parts or Mls we are looking for if it cut everything out, I wouldnt of got this newst Hawken if it wasnt for swampmans alert to a place in Mo that had one for sell. Youd have to list 1000s of places on that link if you listed them all that weve put up just the last 6 months just on underhammers. And I agree with your not sell stuff that would go on the class-site it could clog this all up. If I see something someone is looking for I just tell them to PT me if I can help . But back to How swampman did it all that are on here have been something that was being kicked around and someone would put in "try this or have you seen this Like the Hillerd type stock on E bay someone got real lucky on that. Dang I cant get this out right , WHAT WEVE BEEN DOING HAS WORKED FINE WHY CHANGE IT NOW? hey thats what I ment to say! :rotf: :yakyak: :yakyak: Fred :hatsoff:

Posting a URL to merchandise for sale is a grey area that gets interpreted by the Moderators.

The basic rule is this...

If someone asks a question about where to find something, members can post a link to it. (No, you can't have your friend ask the question and then send people to your web site. We see through this and don't look on it very kindly)

What you may not do, is post an unsolicited link to merchandise for sale. If we allowed this, the Forum would fill up with every "god deal" imaginable and people would be offering their own services.

We're very tolerant of mistakes. We understand that it may take some members a while to get the hang of when not to post.

When I see a "for sale" post, I delete it immediately and contact the person responsible to offer an explanation and remind them of the rules. This post has been here long enough to not be able to do that, so I edited the original post.

Back