• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Great hunt yesterday

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf465

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Headed out with the GPR flintlock about 4pm yesterday. Ended up with 9 different bucks in front of me at one time. Seven within 35 yards. We have been watching a monster buck all fall and thought I was watching him spar with a small 3x3 until the MONSTER showed up. I had been watching the mini-monster. Since we have antlerless only tags here, I thought I would just enjoy the viewing. Ended up with 25-30 deer around me when a nice adult doe came within 25 yards. This was the best deer hunting experience I have ever had. I am extremely blessed to live in and enjoy this area. Just finished processing the deer and cleaning equipment. Think I will head out with the camera when the deer settle down.

First my heart would have exploded and then my head.

Sounds like a really good time, congrats :hatsoff:

That is the reason we hunt.Good for you getting the for. But, I am sure even without the doe,it will be a day you will never forget.

I know exactly what you experienced.

Last year I had shot my buck bowhunting, so was doe hunting and had a night just like that. Seventeen different bucks came through the small foodplot. I had does in close but didn't shoot just because I didn't want to ruin the show. It was rut, so as soon as a doe would come in, some bucks would arrive to court her favor. I saw every kind of buck activity one could from ears back, bristling, sidling, snort-wheezes, grunting, and some kind of deep chested cough-like sound I'd never heard before. No one ever fought though...one would always back down. I had a big nine-point under my stand I could have jumped on, then a big 10 came in an chased him off and stood there 10 yards away. As I walked out of the woods that night I thought if I died right there I had already been to whitetail heaven. It was an evening I'll never forget.

Glad you experienced an evening like that...I wish everyone could. And to then also take a deer was icing on the cake for you. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Back