• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

H&A Swivel Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattWisc

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm looking for information/comments about the H&A Swivel Barrel Rifle that was offered by Numrich Arms in the 70's.

Thank you,
MattWisc

I have one that i found a a gun show back in the 80's. Bought it very cheap, no one knew anything about it. Have never fired it. It may have been assembled from a kit, but i'm not sure. There are sights on both barrels, 1 barrel has TC type sights on it, the other something smaller. Trigger pull is awful. The swivel part operates smoothly, there is only one lock and hammer/trigger assembly that has to be dealt with. I think it is a 44/45 caliber, haven't measured.

If you need more info measurements, etc PM me.

One of these days i'm going to have to work on it and try it out. Full time job and two part time jobs takes up a lot of my time....

rayb

The 1973 Gun World Annual shows this rifle.
It says:
NUMRICH H&A OVER/UNDER RIFLE: Offers shots for those hunting moments when just one shot won't do. The swivel breech rifle features 28-inch rifled barrels of .45 caliber; American walnut stock with crescent butt plate; overall length of 43 inches; weighs about 8 1/2 pounds. $139.95

These were the days when a new TC Hawken was $175 and a Navy Arms Zouave was $100.

I had one and I found the hammer springs to be very weak.Great concept, poor rifle.
NIT WIT :imo:

Ray,

Did you try to solve the weak spring problem by replacing it with one from a different lock maker? Has anyone else experienced this problem or others?

They were sold off as kits by Gun Parts in the late 80's. I would kind of wonder as to the final quality of the last batches. For a slicker turn-barrel, try to find an Esopus. Have an article on one in an old black powder book like a gun digest. Looks a lot nicer and better made. I see these types guns on auction from time to time, although not the H&A.

For a slicker turn-barrel, try to find an Esopus. Have an article on one in an old black powder book like a gun digest.
RedFeather,

Does that article have a picture of the "Esopus" that you could post to the board?

well i',m rayB, and my limited experience is the same as Ray H.. a slightly weak spring. Haven't tried to do anything about it though.

rayb

The Esopus Creek is one heck of a nice trout water a few miles East of me.

beautifulultsterctysm.jpg

beautifulultsterctysm.jpg

STUMPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
YOU GET DOWN HERE THIS MINUTE!!
HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO FLYING OUT THERE BY THE CREEK? AND WITHOUT YOUR PANTS ON FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! WHAT WILL THE NEIGHBORS THINK??
I'M RAISING A HEATHEN!! THAT'S WHAT THEY'LL SAY!!
NOW, GET DOWN HERE, AND DON'T FALL IN THAT CREEK AGAIN LIKE THE LAST TIME! YOU'LL CATCH YOUR DEATH OF A COLD!!

I HAVE HALF A MIND TO SWAT THAT BARE BUTT WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!!!

Lord have mercy on me, but what's a poor Mother to do???

Try L.Day If you want a real wivel breach.Its the nicest and most aaurate ball only gun in my collection.Cost and luck finding one though could be a problem.I have a 54 cal which I sighted bottom barrel at 100.yds and top at 150 and after learning the gun I hit twice at 200 yrds easy.

Back