• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Half stock 32 caliber rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

combat32

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought this one at the same time as the Jager, like it there are no maker marks or proofs anywhere I can find.
Looks to be a well made rifle but kind of a mystery.
There was some rust in the barrel but seems to be cleaning up fine, the trigger is really nice, the nipple was missing when I got it but I put in this one I had in my parts box from a T/C Renegade.

Here are a few pics, it looks old but not 100 years old if you know what I mean
000_0002_zpscebbefdf.jpg
[/URL][/img]
000_0003_zps1e31fa73.jpg
[/URL][/img]
000_0006_zpsaa4d66d5.jpg
[/URL][/img]
000_0007_zpsc76b9fa3.jpg
[/URL][/img]
000_0009_zpsb4e45ee0.jpg
[/URL][/img]
000_0010_zps6d0ac8f1.jpg
[/URL][/img]

just an opinion but, it looks like a Dixie Gunworks 32cal Tennessee Squirrel rifle that's been reworked to 1/2 stock with the barrel shortened a bit & a patchbox added.

That store sure does have, had some nice rifles in it, I would checking it out at least once a week. Nice pick up with the .32 cal. and the Jeager! :thumbsup: .

Thanks to all, I agree it sure looks like an older DGW that has had a couple of mods in its life.

My friend owns the store where I bought this, they mostly deal in evil black guns. He bought someone out and got 30 or so long guns and some handguns all in one deal. I paid him what he had in them which was 225 dollars+ tax out the door, a fair deal for me for sure.
He doesn't really care to hold on to old guns as they tend to take a long time to sell and not much interest in this part of the world.

Really nice guns your .32 1/2 stock and that fine Jaeger.
I would visit that gun shop every other day.
If not tell me about the place, and I'll forward the information on to you :redface:
Way up here in the cold north ( Canada ) we never find such deals.
Hell we can't even find junky muzzleloaders. :cursing:
All the best!
Fred

Where would one find a rear sight like that? I had in mind to fabricate something just like that one.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the word "fabricate" phillip.

I see squirrel hunting in your future. You may want to consider putting a white ivory bead front sight, 1/16 inch diameter, on it. Which is my favorite front sight for use with the rear peep sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem, that I see, is the front sight seems to be sitting up off the barrel. Might just be the photo. I would prefer a round beaded sight for the peep, although most of the globe style sights have thin flat-top sights, as an option.

That rifle just looks like a winner.

Thanks for the kind words, yeah the front sight is just wrong wrong wrong,

I measured the dovetail and it shows to be 1/4 inch, most of the replacement I see are 3/8, anyone know a source for a 1/4 inch dovetail front sight?

I think you can make that site fit. A file and a hole lot of PATIENTICE. IF YOU take your time it is a good chance to save the gun. The plus side is you get to learn a skill. :2

I'm not sure that sight can be saved. If you file the bottom of the base to lower it, it also narrows the bottom of the dove tail at the same time. So then you end up with a bottom that is too narrow to fit the dovetail on the rifle.

Latest posts

Back