• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Handgonne accuracy - getting there

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While I'm enjoying shooting my handgonne in its 14th century iteration, today I did give in to the competitor in me to see if I could wring some more accuracy from it. Of course, my first thought was to add a front sight, and a small but powerful magnet that I have did the job nicely. After seeing the results, I wish I had thought a little more beforehand and added an aperture rear sight, maybe a 1/2" PVC union masking taped to the tiller. Oh well, that's for my next outing. You will be able to spot the shots that I did with the sight. The three-shot group resting the tiller on a padded log, the rest offhand, all at 25 yards. handgonne w sight target.JPGDSC02862.JPG

Last edited:
Yep,big a pretty big back yard. Nothing but woods and all up hill. I've been fascinated with these things for a long time. Lately seeing what some of you guys here have posted about them makes me want one even more. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back