• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hornady PA conical

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longcruise

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Posted just for fun.

PA conical into dirt berm from 10 yards. 30 grains Scheutzen 3f

20240728_105124_copy_600x685.jpg
20240728_105134_copy_600x641.jpg

For likely 20 years all I've used for deer hunting is the Pa Conical over 100gr FF BP. It's killed everything it's hit, and when I missed, it wasn't the rifles fault.

RSO's of the ranges I shoot at must think I'm bonkers because sometimes during cease-fires they see me digging into the dirt of the berms behind the targets. But I haven't found a single fired projectile yet. Yet I keep looking. Out of pure curiosity? Maybe mostly, but sometimes knowing is useful for the next load.

RSO's of the ranges I shoot at must think I'm bonkers because sometimes during cease-fires they see me digging into the dirt of the berms behind the targets. But I haven't found a single fired projectile yet. Yet I keep looking. Out of pure curiosity? Maybe mostly, but sometimes knowing is useful for the next load.

Yeah, the reason I shot it at such close range was to be able to easily find it. Also the reason for the light load. If I were ever to hunt with it I'd use at least 70 gr.

Just got a box of them, but haven't gotten out to try them yet. I, too, found them to be messy so I took out 20 rounds and wiped them off leaving that stuff only on the sides. From the looks of that pic I think they'll do just fine for deer.

Just got a box of them, but haven't gotten out to try them yet. I, too, found them to be messy so I took out 20 rounds and wiped them off leaving that stuff only on the sides. From the looks of that pic I think they'll do just fine for deer.
For sure! Be nice if a mold was available.

Latest posts

Back