• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with T/C - U-View Capper (pistol style)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhwestfall

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a "Cash Style" capper from a catalog sales site that is made by T/C and is a modern copy of the Cash Pistol Capper. Question is: How in in the heck do you load this thing? I had envisioned that the T/C center logo screwed off and you could place a number of caps in it with relative speed and ease. No luck, it is glued solid. Do you have to press the caps individually in to the dispensor port like loading a rifle clip or is this thing messed up?

Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Darn thing is so tight I'm afraid to break the plastic..... With your comment confirming it should open, I might try a local shop to swap it out.....

thanks.

Putting aside my fears, adding a little persuasion, and it is now working....

thanks for your info. :applause:

I have accumulated a couple of Ted Cash's brass tear drop cappers that the TC capper is modeled after and while I really like the brass, after a range session I couldn't stand how dirty they would get and always cleaned/polished them with brasso.

Finally, I bought one of those TC plastic ones to avoid the weekend brasso chore...and plastic aside, I have to say they work great.

I use the TC Clear View cappers too. While none has ever broken, one of them had a little separation between the upper & lower halves, so I dabbed a drop of epoxy on it and it's always held up.
I attached a long boot lace to each of them and wear it at the range as one would wear a possibles bag.
One of the only problems that I have ever noticed with them is that the older #11 RWS primers where a little bit to tall and snug for me to want to load them into that capper, I don't think that they would feed smoothly, if at all, without exerting too much force. It's been years since I tried to load the RWS's so things may have changed.
Also, the old over sized Remington #11's won't fit in them either, but those are really sized like #12's anyway. So I have a several TC (red plastic) Star cappers for loading anything that won't fit into the TC Clear Views.
I enjoy using the TC Clear View cappers, they work great. Although the Star cappers are quieter for hunting (but not as waterproof)! :hmm:

Back