• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have a .45 cal Hawken Rifle Kit still in its box receipt says december of 1976.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to determine whether or not there is a market for this, mint in box relic from the mid or late 70's

Attachments

• 20230623_045816.jpg
    20230623_045816.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230623_045823.jpg
    20230623_045823.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230623_045835.jpg
    20230623_045835.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230623_045858.jpg
    20230623_045858.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230623_045740.jpg
    20230623_045740.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Folks IF you'd like to suggest a price for the new member to ask for the rifle kit that's fine, but REMEMBER this is not an ad, this is a thread, so no open offers to purchase. When he meets the criteria to post ads, he may post this for sale if he wishes.

And here we go...,

LD

LD said we can’t make open offers but I’ll give what you paid for it. 😊

Kidding aside, unmolested TC Hawken kits usually bring much more than finished kits or even factory finished guns unless the factory gun is in new unfired condition. I think Frontier’s value is in the ballpark especially if the box is in very good condition.

I bought a .50 caliber kit a year or two before the one shown here and put it together. I still have it. 45 caliber is less common. It would be fun to have a 45 TC Hawken but I definitely don’t need one. I should be thinking about down sizing at this point.

I'm trying to determine whether or not there is a market for this, mint in box relic from the mid or late 70's
Nothing to do with the actual post but 60 years ago my mom and aunts used to call me Willie Lump Lump!! Never knew why and hadn’t had that thought in probably 40 years. LOL

That's investarm, not tc. The TCS go nuts on auction sites.

Well, I agree. However, not long ago my wife bought me a TC Hawken ,45, Christmas present,, at a pawn shop, for $150. It has the nicest stock I have ever seen on a TC and is otherwise very clean. Sometimes good things happen. Dale [BTW both Investarms are nearly pristine]

Well, I agree. However, not long ago my wife bought me a TC Hawken ,45, Christmas present,, at a pawn shop, for $150. It has the nicest stock I have ever seen on a TC and is otherwise very clean. Sometimes good things happen. Dale [BTW both Investarms are nearly pristine]
Apples to oranges. These tc kits fetch big bucks. Brand new, in the box, never bubbad or abused.

there is definitely a market, separate from completed kit guns. a vintage kit unmolested is like the unopened Barbie dolls.
that said, it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. put it on an auction sight and let it run. or list it here when you are able to and put a ridiculous high price on it. you will get many messages telling you what it is "worth"

Back