• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

India Barrel Failure

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
India in comparison to the rest of the World are still banging two rocks together.....

And on the 4th of July, i will always advocate buying American. Put our people to work, too many college experts in debt out there and Starbucks employees waiting for me to tip them.

Last edited:
Agreed. But many materials are brought in from foreign entities. Just look at how a Cars sticker is broken down into source Countries.

One step at a time, first get people working, the more demand there is there more need for American materials there will be . Bring back Pittsburgh Steel ! Fire up those forges and mills.

What is this hate India month? have you worthies ever been there ?. I have there are some good & some bad things but that's not peculiar to India . The old twist barrel methods I never saw but there old twist barrels can be wonderful items . I did notice one shop in Bombay offer guns made with' Best Australian tubeing' ! I can only say that all the Indian barrels I had to do with stood proof at Birmingham. and all the muskets & smooth 'Rifles' in the Sharpe's series where Indian made & many got smashed since the Russian & Turkish portraying troops where very rough on them , Reenactors are not all' gun first'. its just a prop along with a suitable hat . Harpers volley gun was fiber glass. though there was a Fireable Volley gun made well two at least . Harper didn't like guns I was told and No rifle man in his right mind is going to fool with such a heavy brute . But its all theater based on historical units and shame on me to spoil a good yarn.
Rudyard who's been & seen & traded their
Kippling was there. He didn't say, "Gunga made proofed barrels."

What is this hate India month? have you worthies ever been there ?. I have there are some good & some bad things but that's not peculiar to India . The old twist barrel methods I never saw but there old twist barrels can be wonderful items . I did notice one shop in Bombay offer guns made with' Best Australian tubeing' ! I can only say that all the Indian barrels I had to do with stood proof at Birmingham. and all the muskets & smooth 'Rifles' in the Sharpe's series where Indian made & many got smashed since the Russian & Turkish portraying troops where very rough on them , Reenactors are not all' gun first'. its just a prop along with a suitable hat . Harpers volley gun was fiber glass. though there was a Fireable Volley gun made well two at least . Harper didn't like guns I was told and No rifle man in his right mind is going to fool with such a heavy brute . But its all theater based on historical units and shame on me to spoil a good yarn.
Show me where anything I said was inaccurate.

Also,
stripes-francis-francis.gif

Nobody is hating on India, dont’ digress into a new narrative, the issue or debate is quality. I would say the same thing about Chinese quality or Mexican Quality or Canadian Quality. We participate in the muzzleloader economy and are entitled to offer an opinion on a product and when we see them EXPLODE under testing, well it reinforces a previously poor opinion.

Last edited:
Being a lover of well made motorcycles, I have to say, the Royal Enfield motorcycles of today are made in the finest, most modern, motorcycle facility, I have yet seen. They are made in India of course. I do not own one, at this time in my life, any new aquasitions of motorcycles, will be pre-computer and pre-fuel injection. However, I am impressed by the advancement this Indian company has made. So then, I believe

Contrary to what some say I don't believe there are any proof houses in Australia Canada or the US at least for sporting arms what the govt arms go through I've no idea I doubt any barrel maker proofs any thing at all but do take care to produce sound items mind full no doubt of litigation should some booby burst a gun barrel a situation not suffered by the UK gunmakers since the proof house affectively absolves him of. blame and he needn't build like the ' brick outhouses' I earlier alluded too .
Rudyard

Nobody is hating on India, dont’ degrees into a new narrative, the issue or debate is quality. I would say the same thing about Chinese quality or Mexican Quality or Canadian Quality. We participate in the muzzleloader economy and are entitled to offer an opinion on a product and when we see them EXPLODE under testing, well it reinforces a previously poor opinion.
I can't help but think, there are some contributors to this forum that just don't like Indian products, no matter what others say, or evidence they offer. I am not implying you dear Sir, but when Indian muskets are mentioned, there appears to be negative comments galore. I would not be surprised, if these negative are made by people who have never purchased, or shot an Indian made musket. But I can tell you one thing I know for certain, there are more people who are willing to give them a try, than those that don't. In fact I have a close relative, who has spent a small fortune over the years on custom flintlocks by American builders, who is willing to give the Indian muskets a try. This is because, he feels the holy grail "Pedersoli" is simply over priced. And Pedersoli at products at times are fraught with problems.

Being a lover of well made motorcycles, I have to say, the Royal Enfield motorcycles of today are made in the finest, most modern, motorcycle facility, I have yet seen. They are made in India of course. I do not own one, at this time in my life, any new aquasitions of motorcycles, will be pre-computer and pre-fuel injection. However, I am impressed by the advancement this Indian company has made. So then, I believe

I can't help but think, there are some contributors to this forum that just don't like Indian products, no matter what others say, or evidence they offer. I am not implying you dear Sir, but when Indian muskets are mentioned, there appears to be negative comments galore. I would not be surprised, if these negative are made by people who have never purchased, or shot an Indian made musket. But I can tell you one thing I know for certain, there are more people who are willing to give them a try, than those that don't. In fact I have a close relative, who has spent a small fortune over the years on custom flintlocks by American builders, who is willing to give the Indian muskets a try. This is because, he feels the holy grail "Pedersoli" is simply over priced. And Pedersoli at products at times are fraught with problems.

Again you’re participating in digressing from the quality aspect of an Indian made gun that failed a proof test to hatred of India out of some biases or racial biases.

As said before, there is no anti Indian rhetoric being spoken, the discussion here is solely based in response to the OP’s thread which was about an Indian made gun failure at a proof house. We are free here to debate the quality and opinions of Indian made muskets.

Because of this fake narrative that is being spewed out without regard for any logical basis in the original OPs post, I’m going to suggest that a moderator shut this down before it metastasizes into further melodramatics.

Last edited:
Really? The early 70’s.
That’s a half a century ago.
Yes it might well be But who's counting , I traded till the late 70s but just in passing to buy two old rifles offered me I was fire man on an old Corvette up to Singapore for delivery & used my pay to stop off on my way up the England .Not been back since .But the Indian muskets came through others I was UK RFD viz' Registered firearms dealer 'I sort of' lived in a world 'swopping hemispheres' to avoid winters . The Geese are not as silly as their made out to be.
Regards Rudyard

Pedersoli's are overpriced. They were overpriced before the "plandemic" and now are just ridiculous, well-made but some would argue otherwise. I do own one trade gun from www,muzzleloadershop.com (Loyalist Arms) and one heavy dragoon that I really enjoy. Of course, made in India and checked over by this retailer.

Contrary to what some say I don't believe there are any proof houses in Australia Canada or the US at least for sporting arms what the govt arms go through I've no idea I doubt any barrel maker proofs any thing at all but do take care to produce sound items mind full no doubt of litigation should some booby burst a gun barrel a situation not suffered by the UK gunmakers since the proof house affectively absolves him of. blame and he needn't build like the ' brick outhouses' I earlier alluded too .
Rudyard

No Proof Houses or authorites I'm aware of here in Australia.
But I am aware of individuals who have literally "over proofed" Indian made ML barrels sucessfully.
In the past theres been the some concern over the Indian made Locks, but that seems to have improved over the last few years.

Pedersoli's are overpriced. They were overpriced before the "plandemic" and now are just ridiculous, well-made but some would argue otherwise. I do own one trade gun from www,muzzleloadershop.com (Loyalist Arms) and one heavy dragoon that I really enjoy. Of course, made in India and checked over by this retailer.
Nice to get a fairer review re Indian items Loyalist is the only firm I know if not by guns they supplied rather a business link supplying items .
Rudyard

A lot of the high end motorcycle manuf's are using India's machining technology, having engines made in India for KTM, Yamaha, Honda and others. Not all of India is in 3rd world conditions.
No, A good part of India has made to second world status and continues to compete with China as the worst gross polluter on the planet. Yay!

Not sure i agree with that, Dixie gun works and Taylor’s both are selling various Pedersoli products for below the base. Dixie’s Brown Bess was 900 back in 2019, is now 1295, for a brand new out of the box musket with a distributor and manufactures warranty that’s a pretty good deal.

In the secondary market, you can get used pedersoli’s and navy arms guns for under 1,000 or sometimes even less.

Loyalist arms is probably the only Indian made gun dealer I’d recommend in the USA. I just spoke with someone yesterday who is waiting on his 4th year for a middlesex trading Fowler, he’s attempted to cancel and the business owner refuses a refund, that was $725 bucks 4 years ago, inflated now around 900 as a loan to purchase ghost inventory.

But thank god Indian guns are cheaper….you may never actually get one.

Back