• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jakob Dickert rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well. I've taken the plunge!
Last week I had a very successful knife show in Pasadena. Taking some of my ill-gotten gains, I have ordered a Dickert rifle kit in .50 calibre from the good folk at Track of the Wolf. With the extras and the graving tools that I needed (It's been over 30 years since I did any engraving...god knows where my old burins have gotten to), the cost came to over $800. :shocked2:
The goodies should arrive this Wednesday. I shall possess myself in patience. :haha:

I feel your pain. I spent a few hours this weekend getting the barrel on my Isaac Haines set. Swamped barrels are a real PITA.

Congratulations! Have fun with your new project. Show us a picture or two if you are so inclined...

It arrived yesterday, packed in a box that was taller than my wife. Bogemoi, but those people know how to pack things: two nested boxes, expanding foam and bubble wrap. My cat wants the boxes. I explained to her that she can have them after we've used them for atlatl targets.
Everything is there and in good shape. Amusingly, the barrel has a rusty fingerprint on it, good enough for CSI. The stock is beautiful. I'm looking forward to all the carving and engraving!

Not to mention eventually shooting it..

What else can be bought for $800 that will elicit the emotions of joy, elation, frustration, minor depression and will possibly intrude on a few night's sleep? Good luck on your endeavor and enjoy.....Fred

Я говорю на русском языке, и я имею Кириллические шрифты!

Sorry, I just realized that it is VERY impolite to use a foreign language that all probably won't understand. What I said was "I speak Russian, and have Cyrillc fonts!".

PaBorn said:
Я говорю на русском языке, и я имею Кириллические шрифты!
hey.jpg
mad.gif
:hmm:Sorry, wasn't a thinkin. :redface: At least it ain't spanish. :v

Please try to stay on topic folks.
Yes, I consider posts in languages other than English (or American) should not be made on the Forum.

Boy, howdy!
I think we set some sort of record for going off topic. :surrender:

As a progress report: the barrel and tang are inaid into stock. This was fairly simple, as the factory inlet was precise for all but the breech region. I trimmed the LONG butt down to my own more modest reach and am fitting the buttplate. May have to get a different patchbox or cut down the one I have, as the one supplied is way too long for the butt, the daisy finial winding up in the wrist.
Needless to say, I'm having fun.

The patchboxes are made long to be cut off to match yer LOP and the shape of the BP. Just put the box on the stock where it looks right and scribe a line from underneath at the butt so you know where to cut it. It should work fine. Got any pix? I like Dickerts. :applause:

Back