• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Japanese Made Flintlock Musket ca. .66

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the problem is the co owner. firm believer in removing the barrel to clean it. i can't break him of the fixation

Never saw one of these guns. BTW, I have a TMR by Miroku from Dixie. They were left-hand only, which was a big risk to do a run of them back then. It has Japanese Cherry stock, (cherry trees are practically holy in Japan!) I had my barrel shortened a few inches, it's 50 cal., and a very nice gun. I only have seen two others since; one at Dixon's and one at a small gun show, both second hand.
Dennis Pritchard has one and it’s right handed. He got it from Dixie over 40 years ago. His shoots lights out and with high powder charges of 3F. As noted his is cherry also and 50 cal.

Have several of these Miroku Two piece barrel they were sold by Ultra High products in the middle 70s ramrods are about 3 inches short they came in the box with a screw on extension for the ram rod which you screwed on the ramrod How ever when the extender was on the rod the rod was to long to return rod back under the barrel So in the field hunting you find your fiddling with extension every time you reload. they are however good shooters especially with shot 1 once of shot no 6 or7 circle fly 16 gauge wads 70 grains ffg black powder they are very good for rabbit squirrel I have also got a few grouse with one They are peculiar musket s with some poor engineering The locks are very simple rugged and more reliable than a lot of the more expensive guns out there 5/8 flints fit well and the locks are not hard on the flints and for a flint lock not that fussy rarely misfire due to poor spark they just work with unpatched 648 ball dropped down against the 70 gr ffg with a wad on top of the ball you can hit a 2 pound coffee out 50 yards all day with shot 30 /35 yards shot and ball dose it all well far better than a rifle for hunting in the wilds of New England strange but wonderful flintlock musket made in Japan

I own one and shoot it, here is a thread about it and the information I came across.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/1803-style-replica-65cal-smoothbore-flintlock.177830/

Edit: A shot of it in action...
1803 test fire.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back