• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jim & Barbie Chambers Where Are You?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See my reply above. Not tents. I easily can split my head open on the overhangs. They are simply a red painted 4x8 sheet of plywood held up by a chain and hook system. They are about 5'9-10" off the ground depending on the gravel dips. I am 6'2", they hit me at eye level. All of em. . Some are held up by tent poles. Imagine kicking a tent pole and having a 4x8 sheet of plywood swing down and hit you or your child. Sorry?
Exactly! I'm 6"1 and usually wear boots so give me another inch. It's my fault I hit my head because the bill of my hat blocked the doors hanging down. I was more focused on the items being displayed. My head would be more likely to break something instead of something breaking my head!

Not a display tent. The wood swing up door at the red barns. I said nothing about a tent.
But inside the primitive tents as well as the sheds you do have knives, hawks etc on open tables. Your child puts their hand on the table just standing there and slices their hand open. How did we survive all those years growing up?

Seems like a lot of people can't mind their own business and let others enjoy their time. I see nothing wrong with muzzleloading or shooting them at a range. They are a lot less noisy than center-fire rifles. Why so these people that say they are underpowered even care? I don't understand why some people go out of their way and lose sleep over something that doesn't affect them.
Because if it's not the latest/greatest plastic fantastic that some instagram moron is pushing then it's not good. I've been told countless times that a roundball can't kill deer. Mind you I've been told this while shooting .45, .50, .54, and a .62 cal rifles with heavy hunting powder charges. I'm pretty darn sure that if I put the ball from a .54 rifle charged with 90 grains of fffg in the lungs, it will kill the deer. I don't need confirmation from anyone that was sarcasm, I kill 1-3 deer a year with muzzleloaders and 1-3 deer a year with a longbow or recurve. I know it will work, but modern man seems to think .308Win is marginal and real deer hunting starts with .300WinMag.

But inside the primitive tents as well as the sheds you do have knives, hawks etc on open tables. Your child puts their hand on the table just standing there and slices their hand open. How did we survive all those years growing up?
I grew up around knives and guns. Was taught at a very young age to keep my hands to myself, things are sharp, some things can kill you. Been hunting on my own since I was 10. My dad was never to far away though!

See my reply above. Not tents. I easily can split my head open on the overhangs. They are simply a red painted 4x8 sheet of plywood held up by a chain and hook system. They are about 5'9-10" off the ground depending on the gravel dips. I am 6'2", they hit me at eye level. All of em. . Some are held up by tent poles. Imagine kicking a tent pole and having a 4x8 sheet of plywood swing down and hit you or your child. Sorry?
Assess the situation as the adult and keep your kid away from the potential hazard.

And if you're tall, duck down some so you get your head under the structure and don't kick a tent pole.

Instead of causing shop owners with little profit margin to have to spend the little profit margin on insurance policies.

People complain about the shop owners, when it's the visitors who are the problem.

Because if it's not the latest/greatest plastic fantastic that some instagram moron is pushing then it's not good. I've been told countless times that a roundball can't kill deer. Mind you I've been told this while shooting .45, .50, .54, and a .62 cal rifles with heavy hunting powder charges. I'm pretty darn sure that if I put the ball from a .54 rifle charged with 90 grains of fffg in the lungs, it will kill the deer. I don't need confirmation from anyone that was sarcasm, I kill 1-3 deer a year with muzzleloaders and 1-3 deer a year with a longbow or recurve. I know it will work, but modern man seems to think .308Win is marginal and real deer hunting starts with .300WinMag.
At 50 yards in the woods.

Assess the situation as the adult and keep your kid away from the potential hazard.

And if you're tall, duck down some so you get your head under the structure. And don't kick a tent pole.

Instead of causing shop owners with little profit margin to have to spend the little profit margin on insurance policies.

People complain about the shop owners, when it's the visitors who are the problem.
Thank you for the life lesson. Duck down when you are told your whole life stand up straight and be proud how tall you are. Did I say I split my head open? I survived all these years without splitting it open. Maybe it is the short people that are the problem. Ban em....

And if you're tall, duck down some so you get your head under the structure and don't kick a tent pole.

The entire shoot is for the visitors and members. Nobody is complaining about the shop owners.

I was in a firearm safety class in elementary school in south fl. In the 60's.
I don't recall anyone asking me if I wanted to or not.
No one asked kids opinions about that kind of stuff then either.
🤔
I know some schools in my area are bringing back archery and air rifles. Some also have fishing as a sport. Wish they had those when I was in school in mid to late 80's and all of the 90's.

Last 15 years except for covid. Started a charter club 3.5 years ago. Www.trbps.com 50% growth of membership year over year for three straight years now. Member of hoa with over 4500 homes in it currently so well aware of what volunteers do. 18 years scouts, basketball coach, band parent supporter all as a volunteer. Current member of the board of directors of a local modern gun range with 450 members that hate BP and want to eliminate it being shot on the complex ranges. Currently shoot with several fellas that started going to friendship in 1978 and still do to this day. Your resume?

Probsbly should add one of my brothers father in law was on the board in the 70's, ran primitive side matches, gun builder, has trophies to prove it. So I hear stories from my sister in law all the time and her son who has started into BP in his grandpa's footsteps.
My resume'? You can google my name and collect relevant info. They have full page adds in Muzzle Blasts advertising the classes I teach down there several times a year. I have been a member since 1980, had a booth down there from 1996 to around 2005 or so? Tied a national shooting record down there in 1986. Shoot competitively down there from 1980 through 2005. Was on the Gunmakers Hall committee for a short time. Was a range officer on the primitive side from time to time. I donated a custom gun as a shooting prize down there in the 90's. I could go on to all the local gun club stuff, but that's irrelevant.
Ain't none of it a big deal. :dunno:

My resume'? You can google my name and collect relevant info. They have full page adds in Muzzle Blasts advertising the classes I teach down there several times a year. I have been a member since 1980, had a booth down there from 1996 to around 2005 or so? Tied a national shooting record down there in 1986. Shoot competitively down there from 1980 through 2005. Was on the Gunmakers Hall committee for a short time. Was a range officer on the primitive side from time to time. I donated a custom gun as a shooting prize down there in the 90's. I could go on to all the local gun club stuff, but that's irrelevant.
But are you a member of a hoa!?!
😆

Googled comfortably_numb. We must have a rock star amongst us.

I will add, yes folks sometimes do thing intentionally to destroy things. Had one at my modern club last few years who took great pleasure in destroying club operations and it seemed his goal was just to say he could do it as a board member. I hope we elect in every organization, folks that volunteer to take the grief they are given as a volunteer to serve on a board, that they have the best interests in the organization in their heart. Not everyone is fully knowledgeable to serve but I hope they have the best interests in mind for all and defer as needed to those with more expertise. They all seem to have the will to serve. Not everyone does. Everyone who comes to friendship has a different priority. Vendors to get sales, competitors to compete, friends to greet their friends, shoppers to shop, builders to get leads. That is a lot of objectives to satisfy and not everyone will be happy all the time.

Last edited:
Actually his resume IS quite impressive.
Did not say it wasn't but some of us have to guess who it is. As they said, google the name.....

Many a time I would like just to sit around a fire with many of the folks here and other parts of my life just to talk, exchange ideas, learn and maybe solve the problems of the world rather than try to do it on a forum.

Last edited:
Did not say it wasn't but some of us have to guess who it is. As they said, google the name.....

Many a time I would like just to sit around a fire with many of the folks here and other parts of my life just to talk, exchange ideas, learn and maybe solve the problems of the world rather than try to do it on a forum.
I'm really quite harmless in person. :ghostly:
Personally I don't give a crapola about much of this. They either run themselves broke or stay afloat. It would be nice if they could keep it all going. It will never be the same place as it was when I was having the greatest time of my life in the 80s. Those simple times are long gone. Unfortunately. Pretty sad actually .

I'd like to add, I would love to go down there and shoot skeet again for a week at a time twice a year, but I can't afford to do it. Sure would be fun though!
I can't afford the camping fees, let alone the shooting fees. They priced me right out of shooting down there. More my fault for being broke than their fault for charging g enough to stay afloat.

Back