• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

just finished my range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep telling bill that we need to get some LBG's to do our reloading and target changing fur us...........................His wife wont go for it!!!!

well speak of the devil
:crackup: :thumbsup: :crackup: :crackup:

What part of Georgia are yall in?
My range is just a path through the briars and weeds behind the horse pasture with no berm at all. Just some shot up bushes and pine trees.
But at least its close. And its mine.

Nice setup, I like it! Someday I'm going to put in bigger berms, but in the meantime, here's a three picture composite panorama of what mine looks like. This setup is only a few yards from my basement door & loading bench and has a shooting bench in a carport covered by my deck. Just to the right of the tree in the left foreground you can see a small target butt at 50 yards (beneath the lowest branch), and beyond that there is a 4' x 4' stand @ 100 yards (between the lowest branch and the next one up). Plenty of steel and reactive targets plus I have a second range on the other side of the house that has stands at 100, 200, 250, and 500 yards. Gotta build a shack on that one one of these days too.

Pic is too wide for site, so CLICKY CLICKY.

I use ta shoot the coal cars with a .22 when I was a young wacker. They must be pretty tough cuz they never flinched or even broke pace not even one time. Was fun to pick a spot and then swing thru and see how good you were at following moving objects. You could tell where you hit easy enough. A puff of rust and dust would report your hit. Seemed like harmless fun then. Today you would be run up on Federal charges for that kind of thing, so don't nobody get any ideas about tryin' it, K!

Oh Yea, sorry for getting sidetracked with embellished tales! I was dreaming the other day about building a range with an enclosed shooting house that had sliding windows at the benches to shoot thru and a heater and maybe a radio or something like that. Anybody go that far with it? Would be nice entertainment for the long winter.

Sick and wrong!! waaaaay to nice for a rifle range/playground!! Let's swap places for a week. If I like it I get to stay, if not you can have it back!Is there a snack shack near by too??? You got too much time on your hands!

Back