• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Wonderin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Mr Walruskid1 - shux, you found me out...just didn't wancha ta think I wus boastin', know what I mean...? :winking:

tac - proud owner of a number of guns. :grey:

In any case, my pathetically small collection of only 28,4558 weapons could not possibly interest any of you rich Americans with REAL collections, eh? :kid:

Pathetically small? 28,4558? Omigod, he's got anthrax :shocking:

Don't worry tac, I'll save ye!

Fer all U Amaricans who arn't inter tha Uropeen way o writin nombers, thay put a commaa in insteed of a peeriod like us do.

Keepin this in mind ye kan see that "28,4558 " meens he has 28 hole guns an about half ov anothar one. :: :crackup:

Thar tac! Ah hepped ye outer anuthar problam. Thin nothin o' it. :)

How many smoke poles that you own? Don't get me wrong I am not bragging,just wanted to share my passion.

While I do understand that this is probably more of a matter of simply seeing how many share similar interests in certain types (and brands) of muzzleloaders... I've always understood that it is in very poor taste for someone to talk of material possessions in a comparative manner; particularly if using numerical quantities or manufacturers names. (For example: I've got 2 Bentleys, 4 Aston Martins, 2 Porsches, 5 BMW's, 3 Mercedes-Benz, and a garage full of Jags , BTW what kind of car do you drive?)

While I'm sure you are sincere, this topic might make some people feel uncomfortable and it could also roughly indicate a member's social status, approximate their financial resources, or reference other information that might be best kept more discreetly.

I have learned from having few to many to few and to almost none the following bit of wisdom...

All that you ever NEED of anything is "only one at a time"... while all that you WANT is another matter altogether!

Just my opinion, but I wanted to share that with you.

Regards,
WV_Hillbilly

How many smoke poles that you own? Don't get me wrong I am not bragging,just wanted to share my passion.

While I do understand that this is probably more of a matter of simply seeing how many share similar interests in certain types (and brands) of muzzleloaders... I've always understood that it is in very poor taste for someone to talk of material possessions in a comparative manner; particularly if using numerical quantities or manufacturers names. (For example: I've got 2 Bentleys, 4 Aston Martins, 2 Porsches, 5 BMW's, 3 Mercedes-Benz, and a garage full of Jags , BTW what kind of car do you drive?)

While I'm sure you are sincere, this topic might make some people feel uncomfortable and it could also roughly indicate a member's social status, approximate their financial resources, or reference other information that might be best kept more discreetly.

I have learned from having few to many to few and to almost none the following bit of wisdom...

All that you ever NEED of anything is "only one at a time"... while all that you WANT is another matter altogether!

Just my opinion, but I wanted to share that with you.

Regards,
WV_Hillbilly

Dear Mr Hillbilly - you put it much better than I could ever have done.
Shucks! Is that the time? I really must see if the hand-crafted $500 unicorn earwax-derived polish on my other Bugatti Royale has set enough for my man to begin polishing....talk to you later, eh?

tac :grey:

While I'm sure you are sincere, this topic might make some people feel uncomfortable and it could also roughly indicate a member's social status, approximate their financial resources, or reference other...

Sounds of tearing paper as Squire Robin junks the comprehensive cataloque he's been preparing for the last two days :rolleyes:

Dear Mr Zonie - purlease!!! Here in the United Kingdom we most certainly do NOT use a comma for a period. The Yooropeans do, as you noted, but I am NOT a Yooropean. As for the number of weapons that I may or may not possess, that is a matter between me and my Firearms Investigation Officer, and certainly not a matter for publication. Modesty forfends me only to note that I possess more than one, and less than 100. A figure somewhere in there will fit.
Such a meagre selection of drab and uninteresting items would not arouse the merest interest in such august posters as commonly appear on this forum, indeed, the only emotion would be one of deep pity, I fear, although ascorn and asneer would not be out of the running. :boohoo:

Best wishes from over here, to you over there.

On the other hand, if you've got questions about one of the firearms a poster has listed, you now have someone you can contact to have it answered without having to broadcast on the forum.

Maybe we should list our firearm inventory in our profiles. A tractor forum I'm active in permits profile listing of tractors/equipment. It tells alot about where a poster is 'coming from' as well as providing a future reference point.

I'm amazed to find that so many are shooting originals....Smoke 'em if you got 'em :D
Bob

Maybe we should list our firearm inventory in our profiles.

Sounds of frantic gluing as Squire Robin tries to repair the comprehensive cataloque he'd been preparing for the last two days :rolleyes:

Well, I don't know if the internet world needs to know all the guns you have? I maybe a little paranoid though. All I know is I don't have enough. My wife says, "how many do you need?" My reply is, "I don't know, I haven't got there yet."

I keep one list of my guns and what I paid for them so that wifelet won't get short changed if I turn up my toes unexpectedly. I wasn't actually going to post it, I got too many howls of protest last time we did this and I showed a picture of my collection :crackup:

Well, I don't know if the internet world needs to know all the guns you have? I maybe a little paranoid though. All I know is I don't have enough. My wife says, "how many do you need?" My reply is, "I don't know, I haven't got there yet."

I keep an inventory list as well...if for no other reason than to show the police and/or insurance company in case I get ripped off, house burns, etc...and also for my Wife to have at least a starting point to sell them off after I'm in the big Flintlock assembly in the sky...probably ought to sell off half of them anyway...keep one Flintlock in each caliber...oh, but there's the smoothbores...and then those 1:48's are tack drivers with maxi-hunters...and I could hunt the caplocks in heavy rain...and...and...
::

'Beware the man who has only one gun...'
Old Western saying.

(ahem) I have only one BP rifle myself....A Traditions percussion. Hey, Ya gotta start somewhere.. ::

Well,let's see.I have my original kit gun I built in 1993, a Cabelas hawken.A .50 cal. Lyman Great plains Rifle,A cabelas'pedersoli .36 cal.Blue ridge rifle in flintlock,an Armisport 1861 Springfield, an Armisport 1853 Enfield,A pedersoli Brown Bess musket,a Navy Arms 12 guage side by side shotgun,a little CVA frontier carbine .50 cal. flintlock,a uberti walker, a pietta 1858 .44 Remington,Pietta .441860 colt army,A pietta .36 1851 colt navy,a lyman great plains pistol .50 cal.,and an emf 3rd model dragoon.Hardly being the rich man, I purchased most of mine when I was single.I ad stopped dating for a year or so and spent all my money on toys!Ahh,the good ol' days,gone forever.You see young single men out there,memories will fade so invest in toys which will give a lifetime of pleasure.Once you are married w/ children thee will be no

The number of guns I own is just between me and the one up above.

No, wait, she's coming down the stairs now... :: :: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

.50 Pedersoli 'Country Hunter'

Uberti 1858 s/s 'Remington'

Euroarms 1858 s/s 'Remington'

Only been doing this for a couple of months!

Not feeling inadequate at all! ;-)

Terrific post, Jack. :RO: The wisdom of one who has been there. :hatsoff: Interesting collection of firearms as well.

I'm no longer young, but am applying in your logic. Stopped dating 20 years ago and never restarted. Felt like the world had been lifted from my shoulders... and money was no longer an issue. :eek:ff:
Bob

Back