• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler fowler, a couple of photos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i will be building this gun to sell, put your order in early! LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
fowler1.jpg
fowler 2.jpg
fowler 3.jpg
fowler 4.jpg
fowler 5.jpg
fowler 6.jpg

Don't you mean you'll be assembling this gun? Looks to me like it's already built.

That's why I will never buy one of these. As nice as they are, there's simply no challenge involved.
You want a challenge, get a Traditions kit. Not bashing, I have several and currently working on a flinter pistol at the moment. Sure you can slap them together and call it done, but if want a nice looking gun you're in for some work. ;)

Don't you mean you'll be assembling this gun? Looks to me like it's already built.

That's why I will never buy one of these. As nice as they are, there's simply no challenge involved.
go ahead, give it a try, then come back and tell me how easy it is. i am already trying to figure out details and problems and it aint even out of the box good yet. sure, i could slop some finish on and drive the barrel in the wood and be shooting it in a couple of days and call it done. it is the details that talk to you when it is done. i can't wait to see yours! please let us know when it is done with photos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i was a professional transmission rebuilder for 45 years. i have rebuilt thousands of transmissions, all makes and models. this reminds me of the few customers i have ran into that have told me, i would rebuild it myself but i just don't have the time! LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I'm the guy who would take the time, sink a thousand or so into it and then pay a tow truck to haul it to your shop. Least I USED to be that guy. 🤣

I'll be a pain too...their is NO actual building to the Kibler kits. There is some minor wood removal and metal finishing. Then staining the stock. Basically all the wood to metal fit is done by Kibler CNC. See your own photos for proof.
When referring to building a gun. The builders refer to a blank piece of stock where YOU inlet the barrel, lock, triggers and shape and finish the gun. Plus actually make your own sights, ramrod thimble and maybe the triggers. Some builders make their own locks and barrels.
This is what they mean by building
Nothing wrong with Kiblers kits or the people who enjoy putting them together. You end up with a fantastic firearm. I've done three Kibler kits..! But
once you build a gun from scratch as we call it. You will realize the huge difference. JMPO

I'll be a pain too...their is NO actual building to the Kibler kits. There is some minor wood removal and metal finishing. Then staining the stock. Basically all the wood to metal fit is done by Kibler CNC. See your own photos for proof.
When referring to building a gun. The builders refer to a blank piece of stock where YOU inlet the barrel, lock, triggers and shape and finish the gun. Plus actually make your own sights, ramrod thimble and maybe the triggers. Some builders make their own locks and barrels.
This is what they mean by building
Nothing wrong with Kiblers kits or the people who enjoy putting them together. You end up with a fantastic firearm. I've done three Kibler kits..! But
once you build a gun from scratch as we call it. You will realize the huge difference. JMPO
of course, i am no real from scratch "builder" never claimed to be! i call myself a transmission builder, but i certainly don't take a raw piece of steel and aluminum and "build" them from that! but yet i am a builder just the same! now that i have that straight i have been out in my shop all morning sanding and fitting the butt plate and trigger guard, this stuff is not all done by no means. to do it right it will take me about 3 weeks to complete. oh, and this is my 14th Kibler! not my 3rd. so, i have learned some lessons. i am showing the photos because i was asked to, not to argue about if the people that put these together are real builders or not, good Lord brother enjoy the photos as i do it, chill out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
I’ve never built anything from a plank. I’ve put together other kits etc. The Kibler kits are magnificent, especially the newer ones.
I was going to put one of these together for someone, but told him he would enjoy the assembly. He has not received his.

Back