• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle Day 1

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennyDucet

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle Build: Day 1 https://youtu.be/st9D4k1NhnE

I’ve never built a rifle, let alone from a kit. I’m not necessarily one to attempt such an undertaking as the idea of destroying a grand worth of parts causes me pause. The Jim Kibler kit here sat for over a year and a half as I waited for the right time and gumption to attempt it. Luckily or better said, blessed I was to have a good friend from the Muzzleloader group take me under his wing to give me the necessary instruction on various techniques, cautions and methods, true wisdom on the fitting and putting together of a flintlock.

He’s a true gunsmith, who typically shapes the most beautiful rifles from raw timber, barrels and parts - all by hand.

He applauded the Kibler kits, the ease of assembly, and boy the little guide jig for the drill.

The perfection of these kits is remarkable and there is no competition I believe. If there’s anything close to this in historic accuracy, precision detail, fit, and quality, do share. The process was captured as much as possible on video, if anything for my benefit and those close to me so as to follow it again in building more kits from Jim Kibler Longrifles.

There will be various videos on my assembly experience in working beside my friend Gene here and videos on the completed finished rifle itself when that time comes. For now, enjoy these shots of the other days work and keep these traditions and history alive.

Latest posts

Back