• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lancaster pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
This is the 2nd last LR...just started the last...a Bucks County.

Lancaster w/ a handmade Pbox similar to a John Brooks...don't particularly care for Daisy heads. Engraving by Tim Adlam
Rice 44" "B" weight, .50 cal.
Hard red maple stock from Dunlap's...Dangler stains from Jim Klein and sealed w/ LMF sealer and finished w/ Wahkom Bay Trucoat.
LOP....13-3/4".

Feel free to remark....positively or otherwise.....Fred

Thanks to all for the kind words.Forgot to mention that Dunlap's maple blanks are excellent, hard and reasonably priced. Bought 3 and this one is the 2nd and the BC just started is the 3rd or last. The lock is Chambers' Dale Johnson which mates well w/ Lancaster style wrists.......Fred

Gorgeous! The wood to metal fit around the patch box just leaps out at me.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Fred. Very nice work, as always. Carving is clean, well balanced, & well executed.

I would like to see the carving at the entrypipe if possible.

Great looking rifle, well done as usual. :thumbsup:

Keith Lisle

Although I'm not at all "fishing" for comments, I do appreciate the kind words.Below is the carving at the termination of the forestock molding. A little bit of self criticism....the rear cheekpiece curve should be more curved...didn'nt see it until the pics...Fred

Very nice Fred!!! Clean flow end to end. One question, because I don't know, not being critical,Is the butt plate at the toe normally filed to match the moulding or no? Great job on that moulding!!!! Is the finale on the fatch box an Edelweiss? Not much of a daisy fan either.
Robby

That is one beautiful gun. I am with you on the daisy heads but she is magnificent. Just hate to hear you are going to build your last one and stop. You have a ton of talent and I wish that I had just one pound of your talent. I can shoot em pretty good just can't make em...... :hatsoff:

Dave

Sir, you are an inspiration for all of the hacks like myself to work at improving skills and maybe, someday, do better work.

Hi Robby....Used to file the butt molding outline in the buttplate edge and then on one LR the wood shrank and a gross mismatch was the result.....so, no longer do it. Don't know what the Pbox finial termination is...your guess is as good as any. :grin: ........Fred

Latest posts

Back