• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

leatherman hunter possibles bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the bottom line is Taylor was looking for an answer to this question.
texan said:
Does anyone here own a leatherman hunter possibles bag? What is your general impression? Is it a good bag? What historical era would it have been used in? Is it a replica or just an old timey looking bag? All input welcome!
Taylor in Texas

Like I posted before, I have one and like i. The maker states that the woodland series are styled after an original 19th century German bag. Being from the PA area, that would make sense since we have more than a few PA German/Pa Dutch around here. Also, since it is from PA and the PA area was pretty much "industrialized" to some extent in the mid to late 1800's, a machine sewed leather bag may not be a rarity. The nylon thread used would be so the thread PC nazis can pick on that. So, if you want to use it for, say 1815 on, I'd say it should be considered PC.

I have a Leatherman belt bag. I love it. The only stichitng that was visible was the trim around the front flap. I removed the trim, roughed it up and it gave the bag a better look. I also added a pewter Cross of Lorainne or "french cross" and a pewter beaver to add a little personal touch. Both items were gifts from special friends.

I use my bag much like a lady would have used her "pockets" since they weren't made in the skirts of that time. I guess I'm a little unconventional in dress, man's longhunter shirt, flannel or calico skirt, belt with belt bag, knife and turtle shell pouch for my tow. Funny thing, the turtle shell draws more attention from those kids on school days than anything around!

I keep my flint & steel and char cloth in a tin, as well as a few possibles (chapstick, smokes, modern "flint & steel" (aka lighter), business cards, cash, mirror and a walkie talkie). When you're running an event, you have to have a W/T any more.

The bag has held up well. It was one of the first purchases I made back in '96. Doesn't show any sign of wear around the stitching, the brass button on the inside flap has never come off and doesn't look like it ever will.

Well worth the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back