• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lets hunt together....flintlock that is...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've narrowed it down to the 29th - New Year's Day. Besides Bob, RiverRat, myself and 2 sons, and 3 friends of mine, who else is in?

Rick, I just went to the Game Commission website and printed a copy of SGL 219. I've never hunted in Bradford Co., but I would certainly consider joining you for a hunt on the 29th. or 30th. Your offer of a group hunt is appreciated.

SGL 219 is probably my favorte of all the SGL I've ever hunted. It holds a healthy population of deer and turkeys. One of my officers checked a bowhunter who killed a 9 point in bow season that had a 26" spread! :shocking: We're still trying to narrow down the date, but the 29th is looking good. Rick

I remember reading about a group of flintlock hunters that got together every year in the Upstate NY (sp?) about 20 years ago... I thought that was really cool then even though I didn't have a flintlock at that time. The guy that wrote the article said they never killed a bunch of deer (a buck every now and then), but they had the time of their lives and each man looked so forward to the rendevous that you couldn't hardly believe it.

I hope your get-together is a start of such a repeated event. Maybe someday, I'll come over and sit by the fire and listen to the stories of the hunt....and maybe even tell one too.

Good luck!

It always saddens me to close up camp for the year. It seems to take forever for deer season to get here, then, in a blink of an eye, it's gone. The anticipation of gathering for one more day to continue the chase, in the company of the spirits of my Uncle and friends who still inhabit the camp, is keeping me awake at night!
This year is the 40th anniversary of our camp and it was one of the best deer seasons we've ever had. I look forward to sharing a fire and jug with those of you who can come. Rick

oh boy 2 more days ::....well so far we have the 29th and the 30th....unless things have changed with rick....haven't heard from him so i think it's still on....hello rick are ya out there....looks like i'll be leaving work that mourning a little after 4:30 and with 56 miles to go should be there a little over an hour at 5:30 - 6:00....for ya guys that'll be thar see ya when i git thar :thumbsup:........................bob

I'm just in from the brutal cold! Zach and I have been in it since about 8. We have about 2" of pure white powder. Excellent visibility when my tears aren't blurring it!
Anyhoo, things are still on for Wednesday morning, Bob. Give me a shout tomorrow evening, after 6 and just confirm what time you'll be arriving in the AM. Talk to you then... Rick

Nice doe flinter....nice rifle too! Seen seven Doe running up the mountain...snow over frozen leaves made a very noisy stalking condition. I am meeting Rick and Bob Wednesday morning...warmer conditions are in the forcast.
Gerry

congrats to you....hope to have a picture like that come wed - thur..................bob

Back