• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Let's Play "Watch the Idiot"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shine said:
I just saw an expert prime then load an original 1795 springfield last night. He primed with a plastic flask, then dumped the main charge with a plastic pill bottle,then loaded with a patched ball. So no one say to me "he was doing it the correct way the way they did it on the battlefield".I know it was the way paper charges were loaded. But this guy had no idea on the the history or what a powder measure looked like.It was some show on the history channel about a couple of guys who have a surplus store in cali. Im so glad he did not ruin it. It was a sweet original.
I watched that show, when they shipped the musket to the guy he said he could tell it fired, he could smell it. Do you suppose they didn't even bother cleaning it afterward? I hope I heard wrong!

See the size of the crack in the stock! from the barrel to the front of the lock!!! good god...

tiger13 said:
See the size of the crack in the stock! from the barrel to the front of the lock!!! good god...

I missed that, so I went to take another look. You're right! That's when I noticed the patch was dry, no spit, no lube, nothing!

Grab the end of the rammer as far from the muzzle as you can and push. If that doesn't work, set the firearm on the ground and force it down in a bunch of jerky punches; still holding the far end.

And then complain that wood rammers break.

The problem with Youtubes like that one is---It reinforces the complaints that so many have that a flintlock is click, wait, wait, boom and yes the safety violations of that clown are horrendous and the way he holds and jams that wooden ramrod is also clearly wrong.... So, he serves those who talk bad about flintlocks and flintlock shooters. That Youtube needs to be yanked. DANGEROUS.

Stumpkiller said:
Grab the end of the rammer as far from the muzzle as you can and push. If that doesn't work, set the firearm on the ground and force it down in a bunch of jerky punches; still holding the far end.

Did you notice the cuts on his thumb? Must have slid down the rod while loading dry patches.

A saying from one of my Favorite demotivational posters," It could be the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others" comes to mind :blah:

Stumpkiller said:

:shocked2: Thats not how I'm supposed to do it? :shocked2:

:rotf:

My old man went 1 better. His line was "If it hurt to be stupid, he'd be in hospital on life support."

And my mother told me that I didn't have a guardian angel, that I had a whole flock of them. She also said that if I didn't give them a break once in awhile they were all gonna quit on me.. :idunno: :rotf:

based on past post ,if he had came here for advise he would have been insulted and chastised
for buying an Indian gun and received very little advise ,other than throw the gun away it was made in India it will blow up and hurt you and the people around you ,i have seen this many times in the past. :shake: :v

well i geuss im one of the guilty . the guy was like me when i first started . all i knew was that i wanted one and i made a great deal of mistakes and luckily none were life threatning or caused me injury . if it hadnt been for folks like the writers in muzzleloader magazine and me eventually finding other shooters id never have made it this far . im still semi green i geuss , ive only been shooting black powder for 10 yrs or a little over . geuss i should watch where im going but remember where ive been too .

well thats true for sure . one good flash of powder to the face can cure alot of bad thinking cant it . i had a old cap lock blow a nipple on me once and ill swear i could smell the burt powder in my nose for a week plus the fact i didnt have to shave for several days lol another good reason to shoot flint

Back