• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lewisburg Show + pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemeteor

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Not sure of this is the proper place for this post, but I'll try.

Went to the show in Lewisburg PA today. All I can say is :shocked2: wow :shocked2: . I learned a LOT about the proper scale and slimess of these rifles - i think I left enough wood on my first build to make TWO properly proportioned rifles :shake: .

What a great bunch of craftsmen and friendly people. Quick to smile and eager to chat.

Have attached a link to some photos I took. Everyone I asked was very welcoming of photos.
I seriously regret not being able to credit the maker on each photo.
I was taking notes towards that end, and left the paper on a table and never was able to find it again :( .

Lewisburg Show 2011 Photos

and yes I spent all my lunch money.

If posting these pics is poor protocol, I will of course gladly take them down, or be glad to pass any along, or whatever.

regards - /MM

sure do wish I could get up there for the show, but just to far right now, know and have met many of the fellas n lady craftsmen and can only say that if ya can make it GO!!! it will be a fantastic day and your mouth will run dry from drooling. Guess I ought to save up a few coin, always wanted one a Mike Small's horns n I ain't getten any younger. Looked to be some real nice cutlery on some of those tables too. And what the heck can ya even say about the beauty of the gun work, it just don't get any better,not being able to go is just plain torture :surrender:

My girlfriend and I went, and all I can say is I am fortunate that the many of the vendors did not take credit cards. Boy, would I have been in trouble!

:thumbsup: Thank you,the pics were just great.Lots of nice things there.Griz

I took a lot of photos there as well. What's somewhat odd is that I took photos of many of the same items that you did. As many fantastic works of art as there were there, there were simply some that immediately caught your eye.

My only problem is that I've now decided I have to get started an another new build immediately and have to come up with some cash so three of my less used guns are going to be for sale soon. :wink:

Thanks so much for sharing the photos cause I know I will never be able to go to a show like that so I have to see it through anothers eyes thanks agian :bow:

Thanks for the pics. I went Friday and it is worth the time and effort to get there--great stuff. Of course I realized I had left my camera home half way there... :redface:

Allen Martin's stuff is amazing and Tim Williams had a beautiful .36 there that I'd love to take squirrel hunting :bow:

Definitely a dangerous place for my bank account :surrender:

Now I have to try and do some shooting, wait for spring, and mark my calendar for Dixon's in July

I went on Friday; took advantage of Good Weather. A great collection of Stuff & People. BadBad Ice Storm yesterday - and am worried and still waiting to hear from good friend who went yesterday. Hoping he, and everybody else, got home safe & sound...

Eric

I'm going to go to one of those shows someday. I know I'd have to take a drooling towel and probably would leave crying like a baby, 'cause I couldn't buy one of everything, but hey what's life without some agony.

Thanks, nice pics. You fellers should realize how lucky you are to live close to those kinds of things. Ain't nothin' goin' on out here! :surrender:

I also attended on Friday and it was definitely worth the 3 hour ride to get there. CGG, I don't know if when you were looking at Tim Williams .36 cal it had already been sold, but I did buy it and it will go squirrel hunting. As a matter of fact I was speaking with Tim today and he mentioned that he tests all of his builds before selling them and this sweet little .36 cal Bucks County Style RIfle already has 10 squirrels to its credit. So not only is it a beautiful piece it has credentials........ Bob

Latest posts

Back