• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loyalist announces a new wheel lock pistol!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widget350

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I just received their newsletter email, and had to read this a few times before sending them a reply asking for more info:

We are proud to offer a WHEEL LOCK pistol. See prototype pic. attached. Our prototype actually had a stronger mechanism than we had hoped for. This was a great relief to us, for as most of you know, this form of lock mechanism is delicate and is a rather high maintenance item. Details will soon be posted on our web site. We are now accepting orders for these magnificant pieces of machinery so please inquire for price and delivery ETA.

WHEELLOCK-loyalistarms.jpg

I'm pretty psyched!

I have made several wheelies,,,,all from scratch.

I am speechless...but I do have a gang of silent
questions... :confused:

I know the website of the supplier of MVTC, and didn't see it there, but I didn't think to check MVTC's site. Unfortunately, they provide even less information about it. I was hoping Loyalist had found some other supplier for this. I'll have to see what they're offering this one for, and how it performs.

Obviously, I don't expect the quality of a hand built one by a skilled craftsman, but it's nice to see a manufacturer taking on the production of one.

I'd love to hear your questions, wulf. I'm going to try to get as many questions answered as I can from Loyalist (and/or MVTC), and knowing the ones from someone with experience building wheelies could be quite helpful.

Okay, One question: Is it Indian made. The comment about the strong mechanism is a curious one. Looks nice though.
volatpluvia aka Hombre del Bosque

Not being much into wheelies, these things look like they'd be awkward to shoot. Am I wrong? About looks like you'd have to "shoot from the hip"!

Of course it is Indian. Who else in the world would be willing to produce one except for maybe the Chinese.

They probably would. They would do it in an industrial setting rather than the cottage industry produced guns that the Indians are turning out. 10 years ago Chinese air guns were piles of junk and today while they don't quite come up to European standards they are fully functional at about a third of the price of a Euro gun. The Chinese have some of the best reverse engineers in the world right now.

Stumblin Wolf said:
Not being much into wheelies, these things look like they'd be awkward to shoot. Am I wrong? About looks like you'd have to "shoot from the hip"!

Do you mean the shallow grip angle? It is fired with the wrist drooped, and its intended to be 'point and shoot' at very short range, not elevated in the modern target pistol position. Should be OK.

:v Having seen the beautiful work done by the independent amateur gunsmiths here with wheelocks, I am certainly not going to put my hopes and money on an Indian import not from Loyalist and specially not from MVT.That has just got to be a bad joke IMHO. :bull:

well if this company, basically "manufactures" the first production wheellock handgun, and it is successful, :applause: :applause:

But with previous posts on how the pan was cut with the wheel back in the day, today with all the technology that we have to love and hate, we have recreated the firearms of history and all the problems that are associated with them albeit with modern materials and processes, this technology is still hundreds of years old and we may never truly understand all of them at all .

so if these guys pull it off, good on them. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

That's what I say. There hasn't been a wheelie on the market to my knowledge since the ill-fated Dixie one back in the 70's.

I just received a response from Loyalist:

Specs:
iron hardware, 16" oct. to round barrel in .60 cal. Rosewood stock & wood rammer.

The current price will be $635.00 US/$793.75 Cdn. plus shipping of $35.00 US for 10-15 business day delivery, or $50.00 US for 6-7 business day delivery to most US locations.
We expect our first shipment to arrive in about 3 weeks +/-.
We will keep you on our contact list as soon as they arrive here.
We would need about 7 business days +/- to do the detailing work on these pistols before we ship.
Payment via VISA, M/C, certified check, & money order.

We will have more detailed pics on our web site soon as well.

Possibly muskets in the future as well.

Hope this is helpful.
If you have any other questions, please do let us know.

Your servant,
Blair
LAR LTD

$158.75 difference in canadian dollars.....Holy shite...like What?...

:shake: :shake: does any one know why this is? id like to know.

xe.com currently shows $635.00US = $770.41CDN.

I don't know when Loyalist did their pricing, or why there's a $23.xx variance, but having a different cost in the US vs. Canada is normal (unless the exchange rate is 1:1, which it's not).

That's also why some US retailers get upset when people use Canadian money in the US - they get short changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back