• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mowrey Bicentennial KB54 Trigger Needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffedgrouse

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Help! I have a Mowrey Bicentennial Percussion Muzzleloader with the brass receiver. The UPS date number on the box reads 1982. I think the model # is 10311.

This was a kit and I just finished building it. The trigger was very stiff so I tried tweaking the lower part of the trigger with a small adjustable wrench - no luck.

So, I decided to tap on the upper part of the trigger (inside the receiver) with a brass punch because it did not seem to be centered on the trigger block.

Yup, I snapped the upper part of the trigger off inside the receiver.

Does anyone know where I can find a new trigger for this rifle? I've searched the internet to no avail...

Last edited:
Pictures of the parts?? my thoughts would be to get someone to tig weld a lump on and reshape the part?

Help! I have a Mowrey Bicentennial Percussion Muzzleloader with the brass receiver. The UPS date number on the box reads 1982. I think the model # is 10311.

This was a kit and I just finished building it. The trigger was very stiff so I tried tweaking the lower part of the trigger with a small adjustable wrench - no luck.

So, I decided to tap on the upper part of the trigger (inside the receiver) with a brass punch because it did not seem to be centered on the trigger block.

Yup, I snapped the upper part of the trigger off inside the receiver.

Does anyone know where I can find a new trigger for this rifle? I've searched the internet to no avail...

mowrey 001.JPG

Here are some pictures of the trigger. Someone had to make this for Mowrey...

mowrey 002.JPG

I couldn't do it, but I bet of you cab find a good welder, he could tig that back? or even a good torch man and some high strength
silver solder would get you shooting again.. then make remake the part, like tallPerc mentioned..

Back