• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Musket Cap Question??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wink

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been using CCI musket caps on my TC White Mt carbine and am using a Musket nipple. The caps however are loose on the nipple and fall off easily. Are they supposed to be like that?

Wink said:
I've been using CCI musket caps on my TC White Mt carbine and am using a Musket nipple. The caps however are loose on the nipple and fall off easily. Are they supposed to be like that?

They should not fall off easily but it is a simple problem to fix. Simply squeeze the flanged base of the cap as you put it on the nipple, the musket cap has cuts in the sides that allow this to be done easily.

Actually, the flanges are designed to make it easier to remove the spent cap under the preasure of combat. A simple flick with the finger will usually remove the cap quickly and neatly whereas the unflanged, unslotted cap can get jammed and be a bear to get off.

Somewhere I read that one or two dry fires can "peen" the nipple and make the caps hold securely.

When i brought a new nipple for my zouave the caps were tight to push on compared to the old nipple,a differnt brand of cap might even be a tighter fit,but i would not be in a hurry to go a way from cci.

Latest posts

Back