• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Supplies I have had GREAT SERVICE FROM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akapennypincher

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Do you have a Favorite, one who you would purchase again from because of GREAT SERVICE, and the way you were TREAT AS A VALUABLE CUSTOMER.

I personally will give a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to:

Track of the Wolf

Clarksville Rod & Gun (Don the Black Powder Guy)

October Country

Forgot the other one in West Virginia....

:bow:

So far I have largely orderd my stuff from Cabelas, Midway, Deer Creek Products, Mid South Shooters Supply, & Powder Inc.

All delivered promptly, though both Midway & MidSouth had warehouse Pick errors (which were promptly dealt with at no cost).

Thompson Center Arms

TC's Fox Ridge Store

Cain's Outdoor in West VA

October Country in Idaho

Track of the Wolf
Thompson Center/Fox Ridge
Birddog6(Here on this site)
L&R Locks

roundball said:
Thompson Center Arms

TC's Fox Ridge Store

Cain's Outdoor in West VA

October Country in Idaho

Forgot Goex Distributor J&J Pyrotechnics, Moscow, PA

track of the wolf log cabin shop freetrappers muzzleloading all are great service and customer friendly...but mike at freetrappers is the best! my opinion! RC

Dixon's here in Pa. I've never spend more than $50 at a time there but they treat me like I'm the best customer they have. Chuck and Greg are always willing to spend the time helping with any problem I have, even if I don't buy anything.

:v I agree totally about Dixon's, I usually visit there twice a year---once in July and once in November. Only one caution do not leave them a gun on consignment---if they sell you willl get store credit not cash. :(

I don't know the last time that you sold a rifle through Dixon's but I sold one about 8 years ago and I got what I wanted in cash. I just took a left handed leman up last weekend to sell and you tell them the price you want and that's what they'll try and get. They do tack 20% on top of what you want and that's what they keep. In other words, if you want $1,000 for you rifle, it hangs on the hooks for $1,200 and they keep the $200 when sold.

The absolute best I have ever dealt with are; Joe Hess of Iron Heart in New York, and Leonard Day in MA. Both guys are fantastic to deal with and I will go out of my way to give them more business. Others that have been top notch were Middlesex Village (I haven't bought from them yet but in asking some questions about some of there guns they were great and answered all of my questions and went out of the way to provide me with the info I was looking for, I will be purchasing a pistol from them in the near future), Track of the Wolf, Jack Garner (a great source for smoothbore pistol and long gun barrels), and G. G. Godwin.

I am rather new to this, but having a lot of fun with my two T/C .50's - one percussion, one F/L.
I've purchased a number of accoutraments from
Cheaper than Dirt
Track of the Wolf
The possible shop
All have served me well... but I like the folksy style and good service of Track of the wolf and the possible shop.
Oh - and Thompson / Center is wonderful to work with on repairs.

Log Cabin, Helpful and great selection
Track of the wolf, same and a great web page
and Pecatonica. All did well when I bought some stuff from them and have been very satisfied. :thumbsup:

I am, in general, satisfied with TOW. However, they have made several mistakes on orders. They have left items out that were not backordered, one time they didn't credit me for a gift certificate that I used with an online order. They did correct the errors as soon as they were notified however. I've learned my lesson about calling them right back to "add" an item to an order that I originally forgot. After saying that they would add it to the order, they wrote it up as a new order and charged me $4.20 shipping for a single inlay that cost them $0.37 to mail.

Sorry if I got off topic, but when a company says one thing to get your order and does something else, it irritates me.

Back