• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My favorite Thompson Center product. Whats yours?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorh

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Recently I listed my favorite Thompson Center products in another discussion string. After that discussion I went to TC's website to see what they were offering in tradional type muzzleloaders only to discover that they only have a single offering, the .50 Hawken rifle! What a shame... So I thought maybe we could give them a hand and forward to them an "unscientific" pole of sorts. Listed below are my favorite TC products. How about listing your favorite 3-5 products including any changes you would make, and lets let them know what we would like to see them make!
Taylor in Texas
PS Here is my list...
1. TC Renegade .56 Smoothbore With Fixed Sights
2. TC New Englander 12 Gauge
3. TC New Englander .54 With Factory Peepsight
4. TC White Mountain Carbine in .54 with Fixed Sights.

1. Seneca , 40 cal, fixed sights. Oh ,and in flint.
2. Hawkin , 54 or 56 cal, fixed sights, with 36, or 38 in barrel.
3. Patriot, 58 with fixed sights and 14 in barrel.

:hmm: Seneca; 13/16" x 36"(or at least 33") in .36, .40 and .45 cal.,in flint or percussion. Retail $599 to $699.... :grin:
PA290028.jpg

Well, my favorite is the T/C Contender. :redface: Followed closely by my New Englander in 12 ga and the .50 barrel thereafter. I have a Renegade that is over 25 years old and still a pleasure to shoot.

Plus, My New Englander was a kit and has a bit of figure in the walnut. Always a plus.

HornandNE.jpg

Here are my "farming tools". If you are a coyote or a woodchuck you may meet the top one - a T/C Contender .223 REM carbine with 4X Weaver scope. Sweet.

HPIM0147.jpg

ive only owned one TC and it was a renegade. Great shooting rifle but i sold it.

TC bore butter
TC maxihunters

Right now my favorite company is Deer Creek. I love their Mountain Rifles. Got a new .54 flintlock coming my way.

Texan,
The best that they have to offer:
Customer service.
snake-eyes :hmm: :blah:

Here are my TC toys..

T/C Hawken in .54 cal. Flintlock
492689.JPG

T/C Renagade .50 cal. 1:66 rifling
458321.JPG

New England in 12 ga ....
492690.jpg

T/C Cherokee with a .32 and .45 barrel.
It's the only T/C gun I own.
I also like the No. 13 bore cleaner.
H.Hale

My .50 cal. percussion Hawken I built from a kit the winter of 1976-77 and the only muzzleloader I currently own. I built it the way I wanted it and it fits me like a glove and is very accurate. I browned it using a half quart jar of chemical an old timer gave to me and it turned out beautiful! The stock was sanded and sanded and finished with Tung oil. It has only ever shot PRB (pillow ticking) which I cast myself from scrap lead pipe over 80 gr. of FFg Goex.

Pretty well invested in TC Hawkens for a lot of years now, in many calibers, with standard, round ball, and smoothbore barrels, cap and flint, plus NL 1000, #13, patches, etc.

Now that they have their Flintlock assemblies redesigned and completely reliable, I wish they'd make another Flint version of the existing Hawken that was full stock, longer LOP, more drop, 33" barrel, and fixed sights.

Retired Madic,
Nice collection of T/C's you have there.They look like they have seen some time in the woods also. :thumbsup:
I got 3 also,here they is....
TCs.jpg

I had a chance to but a Penn hunter in Flintlock a couple of years ago and Never bought a Lyman flintlock instead.Wished I had of got the T/C too.

On any given day, my preference order can change. 1. White Mountain Carbine .54 2. Hawken .54 Percussion. 3. Hawken .50 Flintlock. 4. Renegade .54 Percussion. 5. Renegade .54 Flintlock. :grin:

Back