• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

my first pistol build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crgabel

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is my first pistol build pic's.
The stock and Barrel was picked up at Dixon's Gunmakers Fair last year. I'm quite happy with the way it shoots as you can see by the photo of the first match target from last Sundays shoot.
The barrel is a 40 cal 12" long. I had installed a single set trigger from TOW.
Engraving by CODY from the forum here.
Finish is home brewed AF with many coats of Formbeys tung oil (low Gloss)
Yes it gets a bit heavy to hold but it is not too bad.
Craig

36cab5b9.jpg

02d37a92.jpg

target.jpg

Crgabel.....
THATS A PRETTY PISTOL!!!
it would look real good on me! You did a nice job and cody's engraving looks great as well.
If you find it doesn't suit you, we can use it in the PNW!

Enjoy it proudly!

Brett

Vielen Dank John. Ich sprechen eine biBchen Deutsch.
I've spent many weeks in Germany,(Wurezburg and Beilefeld).
Craig

I lived in Würzburg from '90 to '97. Ever been up to the fortress overlooking the city? They've got some crossbows and wheellocks from the baroque era on display there.
I was born and raised in Pennsyltucky! My dad lives in Boothwyn and my brother in Lancaster.:thumbsup:

Yes, I have been to the fortress. Cool spot
I don't get over like I use to but sure could use a 3 week trip now.
Craig

Hi Craig , I was very impressed as always with you shooting abillity and your workmanship at the shoot, very nice pistol keep up the good work :hatsoff:

Thanks Joe, but I think that I shot over my head Sunday with the pistol.
Had a great time anyway
Craig

Back