• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

my gpr

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya im not terribly impressed with cold bluing either... I tried to get a hold of the guy at the community college in susanville to get everything hot blued like the barrel and tang but was not able to so i went with cold blue...

not sure what you mean by end cap... im still pretty new at this... there are pins holding the nose cap on and screws everywhere else... you have to upload images to photobucket, then copy the image url, paste it into the image link icon and your golden... there is a write up somewhere... would really enjoy seeing your progress as you work on your build...

Thanks, yes the nose cap is what I am talking about. Did you just tap those pins out??

I am going to monkey around with pictures and figure this out tonight hopefully.

Thanks Again,

Jamie

First picture

Here is my URL link picture. Still no luck with the JPEG link.

As you can see I have less of a gap at the tang but it is still there. I am going to try the bees wax trick. I am not overly concerned as I will have the Lyman peep sight on the rear which covers the spot anyway.

he he you are making similar noises that i made when i first started my gpr... if you take a fine file and sand down the inside of the barrel channel where the tang butts up to it, you can move the tang back a bit to close the gap... I had the same gap and i found that a bit of sanding took care of the majority of the gap... you should make a build thread so we can all follow your progress and give advice...
welcome to the forum btw!!!

Latest posts

Back