• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

MZ seasons before regular rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New York southern zone has ML AFTER regular season. Kicks in in December for I think 11 days.

Kind of an after thought. I'm sure the bow hunters don't want us mucking up their early season....

Legion

Legion said:
...I'm sure the bow hunters don't want us mucking up their early season....

That is EXACTLY where the opposition to an early season comes from here in MN.

~Riley

In Manitoba we have the archery start the first of September, Muzzleloading runs the last 2 weeks of October and the first week of November, and rifle runs for the next 3 weeks. Our muzzleloading season is open to any muzzleloader.

Wisconsin, has a ten day season after the nine day gun season. 40 cal and larger rifled, 45 cal and larger smooth bore. Inlines ok, but no scopes with magnication. No regulations that I know of regarding bullets. Was some talk about an early ML season, but I think that is currently dead. Or at least I have not seen anything more on it in the papers.

In East TN the bowhunters have a week, followed by all muzzleloaders for a week, then any legal weapon for 3 weeks, then a week split between bear and European boar, followed by any legal weapon for three weeks. Total of 8 weeks for muzzleloader freaks. Small game and upland birds are extra. :applause:

Here in Idaho it would depend on where you hunt. I usually start in September hunting deer and elk with my muzzleloader. If I don't get on then I still hunt with my muzzleloader during general season.

General season here is means you can use any weapon. :thumbsup:

Back