• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Name of Your Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've really put my poor ol' Jaeger through heck and back and that was just during her construction so I figure I owed her a name. I think I'll call her Old Thunder. The name fits. Let's hear some of the crazy names you folks have bestowed upon your smokepoles.

I don't think I'll name my CVA Bobcat, but my buggy rifle's called "Li'l Bit". After my first granddaughter. ::

I've really put my poor ol' Jaeger through heck and back and that was just during her construction so I figure I owed her a name. I think I'll call her Old Thunder. The name fits. Let's hear some of the crazy names you folks have bestowed upon your smokepoles.

I guess names like Thunder, Lightning, etc, get used a lot...I thought of naming my first .45cal flintlock "Lightning" as it seemed so fast...and was so impressed with the power of a .58cal that I got a year ago that I named it "Thunder".

One guy who posts around names his different names from the Bible.

I call my flint longrifle 'Pedersoli'. ::

Have you seen Teleoceras's website? The names of his gonnes reads like a list of dinner guests. :haha:

Being a fan of country music, especially since I can't tolerate the manure the kids like, I took the names from country songs.

My Renegade is Miss Nancy Ann from the Hoyt Axton song and the Plains Pistol was Sally Sue from a Charlie Daniels song. Haven't gotten around to a name for the Santa Fe Hawken yet.

Old Thunder? Ya oughta call it "Heckinback" :thumbsup:

I guess I'm the oddman out here I just call my Lancater my Lancaster gun and my Fuzee my Fuzee, and the Virginia gun ..... well,not hard to figure eh?

I guess I'm the oddman out here I just call my Lancater my Lancaster gun and my Fuzee my Fuzee, and the Virginia gun ..... well,not hard to figure eh?

I can't do it that way...mine are all TC Hawkens...thought about naming them after the bucks I take with them but then they'd all be called 8-Pointer...same problem
:: :: :: ::

Your right, BLAHMAN. Old Thunder might be more appropriate for a brand of pork n beans. :shocking:

I named my .54 longrifle Huff N Puff . My .62 Jaeger got it's name on a survival trekk many years ago. I shot a porcupine out of a tree for camp meat. I shot for the head to save meat, the big round ball disintegrated the critters head. When I discribed it back at camp I said his head blew up like a ripe watermelon. Someone started calling my gun Melon Buster, and the name stuck. :)

I ain't come up with very many names yet... But I have come up with many when they missfire...@#$%& &%$#@ $%@#&$$ gun.
And NO I'm not gonna name it Miss Fire :crackup:

Woody

My 54 fullstock was built by a fellow named Ben Scott so that rifle is called Big Ben.No names yet for the others yet.

Squirrelsarus Rex:

Have you seen Teleoceras's website? The names of his gonnes reads like a list of dinner guests. :haha:

Eh?

Percussion Lock

.32 - Squirrely
.45 - Old Kentucky
.50 - Feddy
.577 - Emma

Flintlock

.50 - Renegade
.75 - Bessie

Snaphaunce

.72 - Olga

Wheellock

.58 - Sparky
.62 - Bertha

Matchlock

.62 - Anna
.72 - Trudy
.75 - Hildegarde
.83 - Br

Well, I'm new at this with my 50 cal, Only fired 3 shots while huntin, got 2 deer and one coyote,, So I call mine "Drop-em"

Jaegermeister,
I call my guns my :32cal
:36cal
:45Cal
:50cal
:54cal
Mrs Snake calls them my toys & i call them my
passion, and God bless her she understands the
difference!!!!!
snake-eyes :thumbsup: :) :peace: :)

Since I'm having a southern Mountain rifle built, thought I might name her "Charlene" after Charlene Darling, the mountain girl from the "Andy Griffith" show. My wife rolled her eyes, shook her head, and muttered something about me being sick :haha:

Latest posts

Back