• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Name of Your Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only one I have named is my .54 Isacc Haines and its named "Sam".
The entire time I spent building her my faithful German Shephard "Sammantha" lay at my feet, ignoring me stumbling over her and all the maple chips and dust falling all over her.
Towards the end her Lymph Cancer manifested itself and the day I had her euthanized and buried her was the first time I shot the gun.
I figure in a way its as much her gun as it is mine so calling the rifle "Sam" just seemed proper.

My wife's initials are, "NLL." I love my rifle nearly as much as her (she might read this! ::) so it was only natural to call the gun, "Nell."

We just have two groups; Her guns and My guns, except for the .32 which is refered to as the little bitty gun, and the .58 which is referred to as the big f#%king gun.

When I am shooting them (and generally missing) they are all sorry @$$ guns!

My friends refer to them as expensive implements of embarassment.

When my wife is shooting (and generally hitting the targets) they are well built and efficient shooters of superior craftsmanship. Usually called "Baby" or "Honey".

The men usually refer to her guns with general terms such as "why did you build her that d@%& gun she's killing us out here"!!

My friends usually refer to my reenactment shooters as "that piece of manure gun" (they are not pretty)

And then there is the swivel gun, we call it George.

:thumbsup:

Don't anybody take me wrong, cause I think assinging a name to your rifle is personal and neet. I just never have felt an erge or desire to name one(yet). When I take a gun, either to field or range it becomes an extension, or part of me and I already have a name. :m2c: :results:

Longgun001.jpg

This gun here is an Early Yorke and it's name is "Sunny"
Named after a friend that Passed from Cancer and left this fine gun for me to enjoy.
His Nickname was Sonney.I wish he was still around.

For my wife's benefit, so that she knows which gun I am referrin to, my .50 cal flinter T/C hawken is called... the Hawken, my 12 ga. pedersoli mortimer flinter is called...Morty, and my 20 ga. french fusil is called...what else, Frenchy ::

Nothing elaborate here:
My one .54 cal flintlock is called Big Johnny cause its smaller caliber look-a-like was called "Lil' Johnny". Names they called me and my dad while I was growing up.
My other .54 cal flintlock is called "Freebee" cause thats what it cost me....I got it for free.
My .50 cal Pa. longrifle is called "Many Names" cause my different camp names are scratched into it.
My other .50 cal longrifle is called "Fredricka" cause I bought it off a guy named Fred and thats the only girls name I could think of with Fred in it...Ha!!

It changes depending on how I shoot,most of the time names are not fit to print. :curse:

Snake Eyes named his the same way I named mine. :haha: My wife calls them all junk. :blah: My neighbor calls them Heavy f------. :: Of course, he don't shoot yet. My other neighbor calls the law every time he sees one. :eek: My son says they are all named alike: HIS. :what: My daughter calls them all MINE. :huh: I think they both want me out of the way so they can name them. But I ain't ded yet! :peace:

All my guns have German names. Why German?

Well, it's about the first word I spoke even though my parents are not of German origins and don't speak German (apart from "gesundheit" or "kindergarten").

So, what German word pray tell have I named my guns after?

Mein or in English...

Mine! Mine! Mine!
:relax:

Merden, do you and I belong to the same religon or share the same philosophy?

I named my .54 longrifle Huff N Puff . My .62 Jaeger got it's name on a survival trekk many years ago. I shot a porcupine out of a tree for camp meat. I shot for the head to save meat, the big round ball disintegrated the critters head. When I discribed it back at camp I said his head blew up like a ripe watermelon. Someone started calling my gun Melon Buster, and the name stuck.

Here's Huff N Puff doing it's thing
Meat%20for%20the%20pot.jpg

Here's Melon Buster after it made meat (note entrance hole)

Muzzle%20loading%202004%20003.jpg

I almost named my GPR "Cora" after watching "Last of the Mohicans". But figured the Plains Rifle wasn't really the from the right era (and its a percussion).

you know its funny, I never thought much about namin my GPR in fact its known as just that GPR...But after I started building this new rifle of mine, I was reading about namin your gun and all that...one evening towards the end of the build I was lookin at her, and yes its a her, I had decided not to do any carving or fancy stuff on her...I got to thinkin that she was just kinda plain and tall... well that took me to one of my favorite movies, Sarah, Plain and tall, So her name became Sarah.

Latest posts

Back