• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Name of Your Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kippling named mine for me. She's my "Out-spoken, flinty-lipped, brazen-faced jade" :winking:

I had a Barbie for 42 years and lost her to the big C. I named my new York, "Barbie".

The only gun that's got a name so far is my 40cal Poorboy and that's because the guy that built it named it. It's called "Old Riley", I was thinking of calling my A&H flint Mt.Rifle "Tic Licker" but that names been used so much that it just isn't all that good anymore. Guess I've got to try and come up with names for my Frontier rifle and Cumberland Fowler plus another "good" name for the A&H Mt.Rifle. I'm sure the more I use em' the more a name will come to mind. :hmm:

My smoothies are Rebecca and Meredith... I lean towards biblical/hebrew names. I'm christening the rifle that I'm currently building for my dad as "Jezebel"... it's been a real pain :grin: !

My southern mountain rifle is a great .54 cal that is named Two Shot. I was hunting bear in the Big Horns here in Wyoming and the frist shot was great the bear was dead but, it did not know it. So, I tracked it down to a blow down and shot a second time to make sure. Two shot

Don't anybody take me wrong, cause I think assinging a name to your rifle is personal and neet. I just never have felt an erge or desire to name one(yet). When I take a gun, either to field or range it becomes an extension, or part of me and I already have a name.
Jim :grin:

For all the years I've shot BP... I've never had a nickname or named my firearms...or my car, truck, bike or any of my tools.

I guess some guys even name their... well... you know, and I never did that either.

Cheers,

DT

Darkhorse, you've got me a little misty-eyed here. The spirit of Samantha is forever in the wood and metal you crafted with your hands, the same hands you pet and held her with. Every time you pull Sam's trigger the beautiful roar and smoke is a testament to that beautiful bond of love that lives on forever. Well done!

After two days of strugglin' to get a decent pattern outa my .56 Renegade, I've decided to call her Ol' Spray n' Pray. :shake:

I named the English Trade Gun I just finished "Diana" after the Roman goddess of the hunt and the love of my life, my wife.

Regards, Dave

My .53 Hawken is named "Ephraim" after the last old killer griz in Utah. He was reported to stand ten feet tall and weighed 1100 pounds. He was killed by Frank Clark in 1923.

I have several guns but have only named one. It's my 77 Charleville. I call her Suzette (my wifes name is Sue) cause #1- she's French, and like my wife she is #2-broad of butt ,#3-sharp of tongue(flint)and finally she speaks with authority!! No one need try and blackmail with this info as my wife is quite proud of this. :blah:
squint

Back