• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Name of Your Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've really put my poor ol' Jaeger through heck and back and that was just during her construction so I figure I owed her a name. I think I'll call her Old Thunder. The name fits. Let's hear some of the crazy names you folks have bestowed upon your smokepoles.

lucifer1.jpg

Lucifer is just one of my huntin' buddies. After I passed the first ball down his throat I thought to my self, "Looks like an angel and shoots like the devil!"

In England, they call a book of matches "lucifers". And when my Lucifer speaks, he lights 'em up.

But, somewhere in the mists that is what's left of my memory, I seem to remember a noted trail blazer had a rifle with the monicker of "Lucifer".

Take your pick. But whichever, he's been my hunting companion for some twenty odd seasons.

And in case if anyone is awondering, I do enjoy a fulltime night woman! Call me a sexist, but I seldom take a woman hunting with me. Then again, I hardly ever take anyone hunting with me.

Sorry, I haven't been posting much lately. They're going to be carving on my face like it a Thanksgiving Turkey, seems I've spent two much time in the sun over the years. But that's the least of it, can't get the stink of cigarettes out of my nose, and not one in the family here smokes. So the Doc has chalked me up for a head scan. But, don't put me in the ground yet. Even if they find something, and they can't do anything with it, I'm heading for the biggest, darkest woods I can find and disappearing. Going to live out my days like Sylvan Hart. I've rode life hard and surprised I ever made it this far. And I ain't going out laying down without a fight. Don't start feeling sorry for me, I'm not!

Just :m2c:

Claypipe
sir,, I haven't met you or talked to you yet but I thought I would ad my 2 cents to your thoughts,, back in 98 I got in a lil accident and had the doctors tell my family that I would never get out of a wheel chair and how my brain would never work the same again,, at that I had to laugh, heck I wasn't a rocket scientist, I drove a truck, any way, I walk a lil funny and can still work on peoples puters and work things out just fine, so my friend ( if I may call you that) don't give up the ship, doctors ain't all that smart to begin with,, good luck to you,, hobbles

My .45 flintlock took 10 years from start to finish and that's why the name is
T en y ea r one

Today while at the range my rifle was dubbed the "Fly Swatter".

I was on the bench getting ready to show a new guy that I could drive tacks with my .50 cal flintlock at 25 yards. She was formerly called "Ole Number 7" I'll still probably call her that.

Another friend was watching through the spotting scope he said hey Chuck shoot that fly. I said, "is that him at 10:00 just out in the white." He said, "Yep, that's where he's at."

Now I could barely see him but I did see a little speck and knew it was to little to be a bullet hole. Charlie the guy on the scope had fired a few .34 balls out of his old original rifle.

Charlie said "WOW you hit him I saw him drop" I could see the ball hole where the fly had been.

We took off out to the target and he said I saw him drop right straight down.

He bent down and picked up the fly who was still alive but he was missing two wings and a couple of legs. I said how in the heck did I shoot both wings off that cuss without killing him.

Charlie laughed his butt off and said I don't know but you didn't waste any meat! Then he and Bob started calling my rifle a .50 caliber "Fly Swatter"!!

He marked and signed the target and gave it to me to keep. We all had a good laugh about that shot! I didn't shoot any tacks but I nailed a little black fly! :redthumb:

Chuck

My new rifle isnt named yet. It needs to do something to warrant a name.

My Last rifle, an 1803 Hary's Ferry was named "Ye Ole Fence Post" Fore I threatened to drive it into the ground after the frizzen broke after the 8th shot.

My Sword is called " Lucy" For Lucy Liu. I bought it on her 35th birthday.

I remember in basic the little diddle..."This is my weapon and :this is my gun; this is for fighting and this is for fun" you sure you want to know what I call my gun! :nono: :huh:

jrdavis,
ever get them confused?????????????
:hmm: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :hmm:
snake-eyes :cry: :hmm: :peace:
I know never did :blah: :thumbsup: :peace:

I can't remember if I had to stand if front of the company and recite that or not...the way it sticks in my memory I might have! :crackup:

Sounds good my friend,, we both win,, although I don't remember if I EVER had to do it,, (and if I did I ain't tellin) but it was in front of every one,, mann, that was a l o n g time ago,, back in the early 60's

Have a flintlock rifle that I named Christine
(from the Stephen King novel and movie). I don't think she likes me. The rifle always performs better when my son uses it.

:winking: I thought about naming my Hawkin " Gersplitinloudenboomer" from an article I read in Outdoor Life several years back.

Well I havent intentionally named my muzzle loader but upon relfection it has two names she gets called with monotonous regularity.
After initially firing it the boys at the range nick named it the "Cannon".
When I go bush with her I call her my "kaazumpa" after the noise it makes hitting a 3' square bit of 1/4" plate steel.
oh its a .58 cal Enfield Muskatoon.

The Cannon and Moi
musket.jpg

A little closer look
PHOBVOH.jpg

The other side. Last two pictures taken before I had brought it. Note the price $700.00 Aus. ($490.00 US)Was/is in excellent condition, no rust/pitting etc
Just wonder what they are worth in states in similar condition?
I actually paid ($650.)) or $475.00 US)
PHLOCK.jpg

Mate,
I do like those Enfields. I shot the 1858 2 bander last weekend.
Oh to have a real one..... :snore:.... not snorin', havin' a wet dream.

My toy, shes just the 'smoke stick' until somthin better comes along.

Smokey.

I would suspect a Jaeger would require a German name like the german word for dragon -Drache-
Regards

I named my first flinter Maggie after my grandmother. My second flinter is named Muriel after my mother.

Back