• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Name of Your Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You, sir, are the salt of the earth. Being a Navy veteran I guess I have a little salt in my veins as well. Now hows about some deer jerky for everyone.

haven't thought bout it much so i'll name mine "miss curly" after i restocked her in curly maple.................bob

154672.jpg

HAH! Pork n beans.....that's good! Be thinking about that all day long! :crackup: :crackup: :haha: :haha: :applause: :applause:

The .54 Mowrey is "Jessie." She's my darlin' and I love her...

The '58 Remington Buffalo with the custom 14" barrel is "yard and a half." ('cuz that's how long the barrel looks!)
And the original 1832 12 guage side by twice is "The Twins." (Although most folks who shoot 'er for the first time call her "damthatsunavabichkicksdonit!")

I have a little iron mounted .40 cal Mowrey that I bought for the better half that I think she named "comehereanhelpmeIthink Idryballedagain!" (I call it "POWDERpatchballdammit!")

Past friends and current wallhangers have been A T & T, Ella (short for L.R.L - long range lady.) Battered Sweet, Clementine and E. F. Hutton.

Honorable mention to - Atta' Girl!, J.J., Dead meat and Surprise!...

...The Kansan...

I call my .50 flint long rifle that I made "Rebecca". That's the name of my youngest daughter. I made it 15+ years ago. It's got a few quirks but I love it. just like my daughter.

It depends on how I'm shooting that day, if I'm not shooting good I call it things that are better left unsaid here! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :thumbsup:

I named my 54 cal Lancaster flintlock "Ruth" for two reasons.
The 1st is I would spend at least 3 to4 nights a week in the shop when I was building her. So on those nights my wife would say that I was spending another night with my mistres. So when I finished the rifle I gave her my wife's middle name.
The 2nd reason is that she has never let me down, much like my wife.
I have a Bess ordered and I will let you know what I call her.
Wil
"History preserved, through knowledge shared."

My first ML, TC Hawken, was just known as my ML.
My first flinter, GPR is known as "Sweets."
My second flinter, TVM is known as "Staff"
"Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me".

My flinter is named Miss Lilly Medusa ...Lilly because she shoots so sweet :)....Medusa because she is so ugly, that one look will turn you to stone :eek:....the Miss is due to the fact that I will never make another rifle, so she is destined to be alone forever!! :( :cry:
Dave

Like several others, My wifes name, "LORRAINE", I've given to my .54 cal Early Lancaster rifle. Neither has ever let my down. She's the top gun,....
Flinters011.jpg

I named my Center/Mark Tulle .62 cal smoothie (Bottom above)for my daughter "ERIN". In high school and college she was a champion shot putter. She through a Big Ball, same as my Tulle does. :peace:

I was thinkin' about "Whackadoodle" or "Spankem" for my .54 GPR. (If I ever get it finished! :rolleyes:)

I was thinkin' about "Whackadoodle" or "Spankem" for my .54 GPR. (If I ever get it finished! :rolleyes:)

Whackadoodle for sure...

"Spankem" sounds like a movie that Zonie's would rent...

The first one I built was a flintlock -- I still have it.
It's name is " ole ticklikker " cause it's real accurate - ( despite the jerk on the trigger ). :crackup: :crackup:
The second one was a John & Caleb Vincent fullstock in both rocklock, and cussion.. I made it so it took interchangeable L & R locks ... :) :)
Never did like that rifle; so's I bartered it for sumpin' else..
:applause: :applause:
I named that gun " sold " !!! :blah: :RO: :crackup:
Now are working on a Leonard Reedy, and a Chief's trade gun --
Both are flintlocks, cause I've developed a fabulous flinch that is my trade mark.. :cry: :blah: :thumbsup:
Maybe I'll name them " Flinch and Re-flinch " when I get them done .. :huh: :crackup:
Anyways - " Spring has sprung; It's really nice; gunna jump in the creek; and wash off the lice "......... :sleep: :sleep:

MM, don't you knows ol Zonie don't gots no lectric to watch dem movie things. He spends all his time making more kids to display out in his yard. You know he has at least 8 so far. I think the pertiest one is the third from the top. She keeps wearin all dem checkers as a bracelet around her wrist. I sure would like to know how he names em all. How bout it Zonie whats der names.
Zman

You mean these girls?
gungroup1.jpg

Once upon a time, I actually did start naming them.
That's Frankie on the right. Then, moving to the left is Prudence, Paula, Phoebe, Patience, SoBell, Gretchen and Penny.

I haven't called them that for several years, so I had to think to remember Penny.

My cars name is Emma. So I'm wierd, we all knew that.

It does remind me of this question coming up on a car Forum I visit.
One person said "I don't name anything that won't come to me when I call their name!"
Another person asked "Oh? You mean your wife and teenagers don't have names??"

Zonie,
Yup, thems the girls I dream about alot. I had to go and change my screen background "again". If Claude decides to produce and sell a "pin up girl" calendar, I nominate those eight gals for December as they are every man's dream to be under my Christmas tree. And you think you are weird, Maybe in my case it is more overworked and under played. The 24 hours a day and seven days a week are getting old. Fortunately they give me a break from 12:00 to 12:01 every other day.
Oh by the way, how do you open that there patchbox on Sobell. :haha:
Take care
Zman

.79 Hawken: Maggie the Thunder Witch
16 gauge Tulle: Uggs
20 gauge Early English (No longer among us): Our Lady of Tremendous Thwacking, or, Thwack for short
20 gauge NWTG/Barn Gun: Heartbreaker
28 gauge Virginia Smooth Rifle: Honey

Back