• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New 54 Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slake

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I started talking tomahwaks and muzzleloaders to one of my customers and he asks me if I would be interested in a "kit" gun he aquired...he says it's a 50cal Thompson. He drops it off and gives me TC 54cal Hawken in the box, looks like it's never been out of the box, he thought it was a kit
just because the barrel was out of the stock!

Stunned, I tell him that it was way more than a "kit" and worth some big bucks, he says you "keep it and use it", "you've been good to me over the years"
I'm still stunned...and have a brand new just out of the box TC Hawken....I can't stop looking at it

They're outstanding...clean the residual manufacturing oils out of the bore, and if its like the .54cal T/C Hawkens I've had over the years, sight it in with 90grns Goex 3F, Oxyoke overpowder wad, .018" T/C pillow ticking patch, Hornady .530" ball, and go get a deer this fall!

:thumbsup:

I can't wait to shoot it, RB, I know you to be a TC kinda guy, this is my first to own...I have a whole collection of Traditons and CVA's...I've like the TC's because they are American and hefty.

I'm surprised how long this rifle is, it's almost as long as my Shenandoah...I carried a Renegade a few years back that was an uncle's gun and that wasn't this long. And I've not had a 54 before, I've pretty much stuck to 50's {one 45} now I'm gonna have to add a 54 pistol....Hmmmmm

This Hawken has beautiful wood and a very nice fit and finish. Do they still make them? This box looks like it's been sitting around for a long while

You must be one heck of a nice person and he must be one heck of a nice customer. Congrats on your new addition. Shoot and enjoy.

Oh yes, still available...T/C's "Fox Ridge Outfitters" there in NH on the plant property is T/C's store...800-243-4570.

Go to tcarms.com and download the free PDF file of their manual entitled:
Shooting Thompson/Center Muzzleloading Firearms

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're really going to enjoy it. It only gets better from here, for about $200 a .58 GM barrel will drop right in. The .58 will make it a little lighter with a lot more punch. :thumbsup:

Dang yer a lucky dawg! I wish I had some customers like that. All I ever get is donuts and vegetables.

sounds like your my kind of trader, I traded for a 54 invest arms hawken not long ago looks like good shooter but not a Thompson. or Flintlock ha ha.happy shooting :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back