• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to drive or fly to Chicago?
If you are flying this will be a little bit easier.
You must go to O'Hare airport and go up to one of the airline desks.
You must ask them for at least three barf bags. Three is a bare minumum.
You should be able to make it through a one hour Oprah taping.
Make damn sure the gun you order is THE BEST. You earned it.

That is a REAL hard one (Ya know...Eve said the same damn thing when Adam dropped his fig leaf!) Sit through an Ophra show??? Bet your wife will expect you to cry and shed a tear or two.

I don't know if I could personnally have the inner fortitude to sit through one of those shows. Can't ya get her to ask her mom or sister?

Can't ya vacuum the house for a month? Do the dishes for a year? Bring her flowers once a week (cemetaries throw the grave flowers in the trash on Fridays....a little perfume and there good as new!)

I mean...REALLY! Where are your senses????? Going to an Ophra show is at least worth TWO project kits! That's what I'd bargain for.

As a Japanese freind would say "Rotsa ruck!"

No.1 We would drive to Chicago (about 6 hours from hear)
No.2 Already tried flowers, candy, clothes, no (you know)
No.3 Alredy vacuum, do dishes penance for last 2 kits.
No.4 Dr.. Phil would probably be next.
No.5 Pecotonica?
No.6 Hotel free, Hilton Honor rewards.

Waya ::

Taking her to see Oprah is kinda like having a bandaid pulled off someplace that has a lot of hair, painfull but it doesn't last for long. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet so you can shoot the PRB.

Oprah's come and Oprah's go, but a new kit rifle last for generations.

No.1 We would drive to Chicago (about 6 hours from hear)
No.2 Already tried flowers, candy, clothes, no (you know)
No.3 Alredy vacuum, do dishes penance for last 2 kits.
No.4 Dr.. Phil would probably be next.
No.5 Pecotonica?
No.6 Hotel free, Hilton Honor rewards.

Waya ::

OH! You poor, poor man. I can see that you are a perfect candidate for Dr. Blahman's School of B.S. Technology. You'll earn a B.S. degree in B.S. and when your done you'll be able to sweet-talk your way in or out of anything...and best of all, it's free!

I named my smokepole " Tick-licker " -
My buddy named his " Tack-driver "
There ain't many guys who can name their rifle " Oprah " ..
Go fer it !!!! :blah: :blah:
You'll be the hit of the shootin' range.. heh, heh........
Winter well
Limpin'frog

what's an Oprah show?? :)

(no TV at my house)

rayb

It's a "womens" only gab fest that ussually has the women cryin' their eyes out. If ya watch too many of them you'll go blind....look what happened to Rollinb!

(Sorry, I just could'nt help myself) :haha: :haha:

And what if it is a trap, luring you to a "special show" about husbands with hobbies under attack by the left wing media and your sweetest has not informed you of such.

Maybe if she can get you to "see the light", on national television, you will give up this "strange obsession" cloaked as a hobby.

I have seen several husbands ambushed on Opra in past years!

Run, run fast!

Save your lunch money until you have enough for a kit.

:imo:

I know one thing: if my wife organized an ambush of me on national TV like that, she wouldn't be my wife for very much longer. :nono:

I'd be an audience member in trade for a kit, but if she wanted you to actually be a guest on the show? No way. You might want to get full clarification before committing... maybe even a legal document drawn up! :crackup: :what: ::

OK, she has gone on record stating she wants to sit in the back and draw no attention to us, a good thing I think. She did get upset with me over this post, something about why in the he%% would you ask that bunch of degenrates for an opion :)

I aske dher how she knew you all were a bunch of degenrates? Her answer "if they are like you...then they must be, cause they have black ingrained in their nuckles and smell of sulphur :relax: only joking. :haha:

Now for sharing I also get to go to Dr. Pil, you would think after 34 years i would learn!

Waya

PS will be ordering the kit this week, yaeh I caved :sorry:

will be ordering the kit this week, yaeh I caved

I feel your pain. Think of it this way... It'll be like going to the doc for THAT exam. Embarrassing, uncomfortable, and expensive, but it's over pretty quick and you're good for another year of fun. :crackup: :crackup:

vic

It'll be like going to the doc for THAT exam.

:crackup: :crackup: I think the only thing worse than having to take the prostrate exam must be having to give it. At least we can close our eyes, at first. :shocking:

That's one club I would have preferred not to have been accepted into. :rolleyes:

:agree:Just had my annual last week. Figure going to Oprah can not be any worse even though it will last longer. :imo:

Waya

just joined the prostrate club being a young man of 48. :curse:
Look at it this way
1. you get something out of the trip. A nice gun kit :D
2. If they put you on the stand, you can stand up for ALL OUR GUN RIGHTS and help prove we are not a bunch of knukle draging rednecks. :RO:
3. Never forget to remind your wife what you went through to support her on this trip. You might if you play your cards right be able to get another kit out of her :redthumb:

Sounds like a deal to me.

I know it's going to be an estrogen-fest but it's only gonna be for an hour or so. Just take your TOTW catalog and some earplugs. Then after the show scout out some good Chicago Pizza!

Who knows you might get lucky:

It may be the show where she adds "Thoughts of the Kentucky Rifle in it's Golden Age" to the Oprah bookclub!

So when are tou making the "Holy Pilgramage"? We'll have to send you a get well card. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Back