• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New ML Hunting Project for 2014 ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roundball said:
Test result / posting I made back in 2003:
------------------------------------------

2003 - .62cal MAGNUM BUCKSHOT LOADS

I tried numbers of Hornady round balls in a paper shot cup, first .440's, then .490's,

Serious question: Why would one use a load like this for hunting when a .600 or .610 patched roundball would be just as effective, less effort, and cost less? Is there a perceived advantage. like the multiple holes through the animal? Would that advantage warrant the extra effort and cost?

Just going to the range and shooting 40-50 shots week after week gets boring after a while so I'm always open to try new things...that was just an idea that hit me to experiment with at the range one day.

Personally I learn things every time I try something unconventional and totally prefer my own actual hands on experiences rather than relying on what has proven to be opinion / speculation in a lot of cases on public forums.

Have never actually used the load but have no doubt it would be lethal at most deer hunting buckshot ranges in woods / brushy settings if somebody needed or just wanted to use it. Might even use it myself one day just for the hands on experience.

Latest posts

Back