• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New rock lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daschnoz

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I put this one together from a Cabela's kit. The kit is made by Invest Arms (Italy). It is the same gun that Cabela's sells as their house brand.

hawken.jpg

I didn't spend too much time giving the brass a mirror finish since this is going to be a hunting gun. I left the barrel white. 6 coats of tung oil on the stock. I like it.

I have yet to get to the range with it though.

I think yours looks nicer than the factory finished rifles. Nice job. :thumbsup:

I had one of these in left hand percussion. Really nice shooter and reliable rifle. Enjoy!

Mark B

schnoz,
Never have done an Investarms kit.But have had three Investarms from Cabela's....all percussion.All in .50 cal.Still have two and love them both.Good shooters. The one I got rid of after maybe shooting 40/50 times was the carbine.
Sorry, but I could not have hit satan's ass in a
confessional with that gun! Guy that bought it
thought it was a great shooter.If he is happy,I
certainly am.
I have nothing bad to say about Investarms
and or Cabela's. I just happen to get a rifle I could not shoot well with....I am sure we have all had one or maybe several that just did not
meet our exspections....That was mine :redface:
snake-eyes

That image is a whooping 2048x1536 pixels. It really should be reduced for display on a forum. Cropping would help too. IMHO

Sorry. It was late last night and I wanted to get the picture posted. I'll fix it tonight.

Very nice rifle! :thumbsup: Great job, hope she shoots good too. :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

Very nice rifle and even nicer put together! :thumbsup:
I own a Investarms Hawken and a Great Plains.Both very reliable shotters.BTW..Investarms produces the Great Plains that Lyman sells in the states..Here in europe the same rifle is directly sold under the name of Investarms.

greetz Moguai

I guess you know there's no turning back now...enjoy the Flintlock journey !

:thumbsup:

to paraphrasr the little green fellow, once rocks banged have you, forever will they dominate your range time....

make good smoke!

Latest posts

Back